My Wife = your wife/husband?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get a Rock Flower. I showed a couple pictures to my husband and he said “Don’t you already have those?” *head scratch* “Nope, I don’t.” He goes to the tank and points to the Zoas and says “Aren’t they the same?” still to this day he refuses to call it a Rock Flower or Anemone... it’s just a big Zoa

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the women reefers? Lol.
My husband can point and articulate the boldest color on a coral or the main feature, that’s about it. If he’s asking “what’s up with this “wavy” one”- that can imply any torch, Duncan or the anemones. The “sticks” refer to any of branching corals. The “plate-y” ones are the montis. Lol
Lol woman reefer here... Hubby likes to look at the tank, he knows the giant thing is a carpet (carpet anemone) doesn't remember any other names. He likes the fish and kinda names them (yellow Tang is yellow, Mandarin is that hoppy one etc). He notices what's grown or moved but he doesn't really care what goes in the tank etc. I occasionally give him specific choices so he feels included. For example see this bare spot on the rock I want to put x or y there which do you like? Then he likes to watch the branchy or wavy grow that he helped pick .

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife swears I am color blind when comes to red and orange lol. I have had other people over that even agree with me (well not their wives), and I still loose lol.
Lolol most women can auctually distinguish a greater amount of color shades than men. Not busting or putting men down it's quite interesting if you look into it.

Dragon174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife goes to the LFS with me most times and likes to pick out fish and corals. She even goes to frag swaps and picks stuff out as I sometimes have a hard time deciding what to get. She just saw a clown trigger and she really wants one. I told her it wasn't reef safe so she said "can you get another tank and make it your reef, so I can have that fish?"

She also tells me to get what ever I need for the tank. Talk about a total keeper.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have to say this is one of those threads that just shows the fun had here on the reef.. :cool: OP
i have a ,let's say patient wife,has lived w this 30yrs "basement" this 2nd pic in her new dining room since feb;)
WP_20160405_001 (2).jpg
WP_20200228_16_37_23_Pro.jpg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever my wife and I walk into a fish store I head straight over to the coral section. She slowly follows along. I'll point out a few pieces I'm interested in and her response is "Yeah, that's nice but....let's go look at the fish." So between fish and corals, guess which I have more of now.:rolleyes:;Hilarious
Heather my wife bought my first fw and reef. She I pick most of the corals she picks the fish and some of the corals. She has good taste. It's up to me not to kill what ever she picks out
This is my wife 100%!

When we met I had a FOWLR tank. Long story short, the tank crashed and I didn't have another for about 10 years or so. We both decided to get a tank, it was my decision to make it a reef. She picks out the fish, I pick out the coral. Guess which one I have more of. lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my wife 100%!

When we met I had a FOWLR tank. Long story short, the tank crashed and I didn't have another for about 10 years or so. We both decided to get a tank, it was my decision to make it a reef. She picks out the fish, I pick out the coral. Guess which one I have more of. lol
That's awesome.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I got a RTBA. Of course the wife with her “naming rights” wanted to name it Rosie! :rolleyes: I told her no to that name so now she’s trying to come up with another name. Praying it’s nothing cheesy....
Lol it's not like the animal will respond to this name, Id just let the spouse call it what ever they want of it keeps them happy with my expensive hobby.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I showed my wife a picture of the ever so common Vivid rainbow delight. “Honey do you like this coral? It’s an old school classic with great colors if you can pull them out”. My wife “yeah it’s pretty but it looks like the one we already have”. I’m scratching my head as my mind flashes every color and color combination in my tank. “Which one are you talking about? I ask. She points out the Garf Bonsai. Me “they are nothing alike, dark blue/purple body with bright green polyps vs white/baby blue/green inner body with blue/purple tips AND reddish polyps”. My wife shrugs her shoulders look similar to me. Who else encounters this while trying to choose corals with your significant other?
All the time... lol Ive gotten to the point I told her she needs to get her eyes checked for what colors she sees... lol

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we first started dating I had already had multiple tanks for nearly 15 years. She was, at first, ambivalent at best. Then we went to the LFS. She started to show a little interest. She also got her PADI Open Water certification. That helped as well. She could see things in the ocean, in their natural habitat. That helped her to understand my desire to create as natural a habitat as possible.

Then we got married. She put up with the tank in our brand new home. So I took her to a swap meet. After making a lap of the vendors I told her to pick a couple things out. Her problem? She wanted ALL OF THEM. EVERYTHING. After explaining that that just was not possible, she picked out a few corals.

I CREATED A MONSTER!!!

If she had her way, my mothers antique dining room table and hutch would be gone. In their place would be a 8' anemone/clownfish tank filled with every zoanthid known to science (and a crapload of anemones and clowns). She has become a great hunter of pests, especially aiptasia and other little things. Due to space and budget constraints we are limited to a 120DT, but all I have to do is mention a possible trip to the LFS and she's handing me the keys wanting to know why we aren't there yet.

Gotta love her!!!

OP
OP
Heabel7

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we first started dating I had already had multiple tanks for nearly 15 years. She was, at first, ambivalent at best. Then we went to the LFS. She started to show a little interest. She also got her PADI Open Water certification. That helped as well. She could see things in the ocean, in their natural habitat. That helped her to understand my desire to create as natural a habitat as possible.

Then we got married. She put up with the tank in our brand new home. So I took her to a swap meet. After making a lap of the vendors I told her to pick a couple things out. Her problem? She wanted ALL OF THEM. EVERYTHING. After explaining that that just was not possible, she picked out a few corals.

I CREATED A MONSTER!!!

If she had her way, my mothers antique dining room table and hutch would be gone. In their place would be a 8' anemone/clownfish tank filled with every zoanthid known to science (and a crapload of anemones and clowns). She has become a great hunter of pests, especially aiptasia and other little things. Due to space and budget constraints we are limited to a 120DT, but all I have to do is mention a possible trip to the LFS and she's handing me the keys wanting to know why we aren't there yet.

Gotta love her!!!
Keeper

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Yes she is. And YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!!!!

She came to me when I was done with the world. A month longer and I'd have been somewhere as a dive guide/photo pro (and very, very lonely). The very best thing that happened to me in way too long of a time.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I showed my wife a picture of the ever so common Vivid rainbow delight. “Honey do you like this coral? It’s an old school classic with great colors if you can pull them out”. My wife “yeah it’s pretty but it looks like the one we already have”. I’m scratching my head as my mind flashes every color and color combination in my tank. “Which one are you talking about? I ask. She points out the Garf Bonsai. Me “they are nothing alike, dark blue/purple body with bright green polyps vs white/baby blue/green inner body with blue/purple tips AND reddish polyps”. My wife shrugs her shoulders look similar to me. Who else encounters this while trying to choose corals with your significant other?
Oh yeah! Me: “do you have a favorite? I really like the Walt Disney acro.” I was triggered when I heard “idk they’re all green” Gah! I guess that’s why it’s my hobby - as long as it makes me happy!

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Wife how many sticks do you need when all those corals grow out
Then what you need a bigger tank so we are on tank number 6 she’s great!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back