My Wife = your wife/husband?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we first started dating I had already had multiple tanks for nearly 15 years. She was, at first, ambivalent at best. Then we went to the LFS. She started to show a little interest. She also got her PADI Open Water certification. That helped as well. She could see things in the ocean, in their natural habitat. That helped her to understand my desire to create as natural a habitat as possible.

Then we got married. She put up with the tank in our brand new home. So I took her to a swap meet. After making a lap of the vendors I told her to pick a couple things out. Her problem? She wanted ALL OF THEM. EVERYTHING. After explaining that that just was not possible, she picked out a few corals.

I CREATED A MONSTER!!!

If she had her way, my mothers antique dining room table and hutch would be gone. In their place would be a 8' anemone/clownfish tank filled with every zoanthid known to science (and a crapload of anemones and clowns). She has become a great hunter of pests, especially aiptasia and other little things. Due to space and budget constraints we are limited to a 120DT, but all I have to do is mention a possible trip to the LFS and she's handing me the keys wanting to know why we aren't there yet.

Gotta love her!!!
Lol I should have summed mine up to I created a monster. Good stuff man.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife calls herself the fishwidow and has for over 35 years now and the only time I pay her any attention is when I fancy something new for the tank, which isn't true by the way.

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband ... has not much to say lol .... he is a hunter and I don’t ask what he spends on gear plus tags etc. and I don’t tell what I spend on corals ! But in all fairness ... he does get me salt water with his truck and if he sees a coral what he loves he brings it home for me. I take a cool coral over flowers any day

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guy doesn’t understand light and that each corals needs are different

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread.

My SO is supportive but he isn’t really into it. Once in a while I notice him watching the fish. But one day he was forced to pick up a coral shipment and take care of the float/dip/gluing of acros. I was surprised at how well he did. Then he asked me, “hey don’t you still have some empty tanks in the attic?” My jaw dropped. He considered making his own tank.

Still hasn’t done it though. I took everything out of storage for a 7gal waterbox. Nope :/

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine encourages me somewhat ..lol she also helps me sometimes , shes an expert at doing calcium tests and helping me make frags or gluing them down. I cant complain about that !

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back