My Wilsoni Detached from Its Skeleton - Done For?

Tim P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Jumped on the Wilsoni bandwagon 2 fall swaps ago and have had a love/hate relationship with this thing. Recedes, looks beautiful, grows larger and then dies back.

However, just recently the entire meat of the brain coral detached itself from the skeleton. Unless it was a snail's doing, its in a frag tank alone with just other coral.

In anyones experience, is this thing a goner or is there hope it will re-attach to rubble rock and regrow a skeleton? Because it still looks relatively healthy, just kinda twisted upon itself in my shroom box.

Thanks all.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, but this is the first time I have ever heard of this happening. There are few reports of them surviving long term, let alone thriving. I am surprised you got it to grow at all. How long have you had it for?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time I've ever seen any lps bail out of the skeleton I've never seem them recover or come back. Basically just slowly die

OP
OP
Tim P

Tim P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, but this is the first time I have ever heard of this happening. There are few reports of them surviving long term, let alone thriving. I am surprised you got it to grow at all. How long have you had it for?
Very odd. I've heard of them not doing great too. My other brains are all good, symphyllia etc but this one never took off. I'd say maybe doubled in size from the few folds I bought on the original frag. guess lesson learned and I'll steer clear in the future. pretty coral but better left as doctored photos haha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back