My XL flower Anemone Disappeared over night

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple Flower Anemones in my tank which have been doing great. I had one that was on the sand in the front of my tank that was attatched to some rubble. I fed it last night and went to bed. This is a XL Anemone so it stands out. I wake up this morning and I noticed it is completely gone. It is no where to be found. Is it normal for flower anemone to just detatch like that and go with the current similar to bubble tips. I looked all over my tank and cannot find it. I checked my power head to see if it got sucked in and their is no sign at all. Has anyone else had something like this happen where it just disappears.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flowers will sometimes up and relocate just for kicks. They won’t float with the current, but they are capable of moving unbelievable distances in a very short period of time.

I’d get a small flashlight and check under, behind and in small crevices. They sometimes end up in unusual spots.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flowers will sometimes up and relocate just for kicks. They won’t float with the current, but they are capable of moving unbelievable distances in a very short period of time.

I’d get a small flashlight and check under, behind and in small crevices. They sometimes end up in unusual spots.
Thanks. Looks like I got something for the kids to do for the day lol.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had one got missing for a couple days to find out that he didn’t want to be seen anymore and was underneath my ledge in a deep dark hole. It stayed there for a few weeks and then came back out about 1/3 the size and hasn’t recovered since

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in a very weird twist the anemone actually buried itself in the sand and just began to appear.

Attachments

• 0C31B410-504C-443D-B6A8-CB4D068BD9D8.jpeg
    0C31B410-504C-443D-B6A8-CB4D068BD9D8.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 43

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in a very weird twist the anemone actually buried itself in the sand and just began to appear.
In my experience that usually means he caught something. Every time old rock flowers caught a crab snail or even a fish it would bury its self. Keep an eye out for an empty shell over the next couple of days.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back