Mysterious growth on 1 rock in my 150 gallon

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so this tank has been running since July 4th, 2021. I don’t have sand in it because I am going to be moving this tank in the next 2 months and I figured I wouldn’t want to run it with sand to try and clean it all out just to put it all back in there(I know big mistake!!! Never starting a tank without sand again!)
I’m still in the ugly phase this tank was a turn key from a reefer who ran it about 4-5 years. The live rock was out of the tank in a 33 gallon trash can with saltwater and a power head was used while not in transit. However it did get pretty hot… after the first few days all the coralline algae turned white and the newer batch came in about 2 weeks later but it all died out too…
Since then I have had this stupid red hair algae that is just everywhere! The normal diatoms and green turf algae popped up and have been back and forth. I have a purple fire fish goby in there and a cheap zoa that I picked up from my LFS(only so I have a visual sign of how things are going in my tank so that I can tell if things go too far outta wack).

Anyways I came back today and there were thaws weird loopy things on one of the rocks and I have no clue what they are. They are fleshy and white with a bunch of little holes in it. I will get the best pics I can! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 65165775375__0B4B5E50-BEC7-44AB-A6FC-B87AD1649732.MOV
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_2529.MOV
    5.9 MB
OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to stop posting at night… lol it’s takes so much longer for people to answer my posts(lol I guess that is what I get for working the late shift…)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know, looks slimy, I would say its a dead mushroom coral. And you didn't see it until now. Yikes.

And cerith eggs.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I looked it up and yes it really does look like cerith eggs I didn’t know they could produce Asexually but I guess you learn something new everyday. I restocked the rocks a little over a week ago because I decided I didn’t want an emperor angel (yet) especially in this tank. Since then I haven’t seen the cerith snail but the little guy is a trooper and has made it thru so much!

how many new snails should I be expecting?

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I looked it up and yes it really does look like cerith eggs I didn’t know they could produce Asexually but I guess you learn something new everyday. I restocked the rocks a little over a week ago because I decided I didn’t want an emperor angel (yet) especially in this tank. Since then I haven’t seen the cerith snail but the little guy is a trooper and has made it thru so much!

how many new snails should I be expecting?
0, never seen a baby after eggs were laid countless times in my tanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back