• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Mysterious Paly found while snorkeling in Hawaii! Help!

Fragtacular Sale

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so here’s the thing, I live in Hawaii and was snorkeling for some zoas/plays to add to my tank. And I stumbled upon an interesting looking paly. Been trying to get an ID on it for almost a year now. Hopefully you guys can help. TIA!

23449C7E-96F6-4AD3-9ADF-3FD46F4D9264.jpeg 5C574ECF-D246-45A2-AD70-6852D025D4FE.jpeg
Where at in Hawaii? I grew up in Hawaii and used to free dive all the time on Oahu. I never once saw a paly or zoa. So nice find. Those are some nice palys though.

Top Shelf Aquatics

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What does it look like under whiter light? Too me it looks green with... red? Pink??

Any cool Hawaiian mythical figure or creatures, or famous cultural figures you can name it after? Like, King Kamehameha Palys.

Or famous Hawaiian/Maori/Polynesian people you could name them after, like Dwayne The Rock Johnson Palys, or Keanu Reeves Palys.

John Wick Palys.

OP
D

_darkmark808

View Badges
Reaction score
What does it look like under whiter light? Too me it looks green with... red? Pink??

Any cool Hawaiian mythical figure or creatures, or famous cultural figures you can name it after? Like, King Kamehameha Palys.

Or famous Hawaiian/Maori/Polynesian people you could name them after, like Dwayne The Rock Johnson Palys, or Keanu Reeves Palys.

John Wick Palys.
I’ll try to get a picture in whiter light, I’ll post later on tonight.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
D

_darkmark808

View Badges
Reaction score
Okay, I’ve decided to name them “Maui Wowies”. Since they are mostly green haha! I love the patterns on these guys. I started with one polyp and within a year it’s up to 11, so it’s a super slow grower. Makes it more special I guess

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 167 43.5%
  • Every Month

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 47 12.2%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 53 13.8%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 43 11.2%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 17 4.4%