jayden davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3B46B435-005E-4F27-BF09-CA12DED3E356.jpeg
E2D6710B-1763-4EF4-8E43-EF39AAEFE472.jpeg
5EE8B85D-D96B-4669-8167-AAA728B5E12E.jpeg

I noticed this anemone when I got this tank and I didn’t think much of it but about a week ago I noticed that about 4 more had popped up around my tank and I don’t know if it is harmful or not and if it is harmful what I need to do about it.

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the second picture looks a lot like Aiptasia Anemone. Here is a link for hitchhiker identification and whether they are good or bad. Aiptasia are not desired. If it is then you should probably use Aipstasia-X, Bulk Reef Supply has a good educational article on it too. Be careful, don’t try to tear it out or scrape it off as the release more.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the second picture looks a lot like Aiptasia Anemone. Here is a link for hitchhiker identification and whether they are good or bad. Aiptasia are not desired. If it is then you should probably use Aipstasia-X, Bulk Reef Supply has a good educational article on it too. Be careful, don’t try to tear it out or scrape it off as the release more.

Upvote 1
Solution
OP
OP
J

jayden davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From the pictures that I saw on that website it looks exactly like a ball anemone and it said they are not harmful. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back