Mystery wrasse and crooked jaw?

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a few weeks ago that my mystery wrasse has develop a crooked jaw. I feed 2-3x everyday, mix of pellets and frozen and he always eat like a pig. Even chowed down on 3 cleaner shrimps that I've tried to introduce to the tank. Anyone know or have an idea on what causes this?

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either broken or lockjaw. My melanarus got this 3-4 weeks ago and slowly died. He ate for awhile then I found him dead on the sandbed. Wish you luck. I think mine broke his jaw. I assume it did it diving into the sand and hit a rock.

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either broken or lockjaw. My melanarus got this 3-4 weeks ago and slowly died. He ate for awhile then I found him dead on the sandbed. Wish you luck. I think mine broke his jaw. I assume it did it diving into the sand and hit a rock.

I have a cover on my tank now after losing my first mystery wrasse. I've had this 2nd one since Feb. and I know he's slammed into the cover screen and glass a few times. I would hate to lose him even though he's a trouble maker, I've grown quite fond of his character and personality.

Back