Mystic montipora losing color, no polyps out

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since adding this coral a few weeks ago and a few others some doing great with growth already, but this one isn't. Its losing its color and no polyps are out. I moved it to the bottom of the tank, any suggestions? I recently started dosing seachem reef complete, and baking soda as my alk dropped to 7 and calcium was at 380. Here are my parameters from yesterday gonna test again later.
Ph 8.3
Dkh 8.5
Calcium 440
Phosphate 0.2
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Amonia 0

Very new to this, gha got out of control but I'm working on it hard, doesn't seem like it in the pics but I've done some serious work on it already and determined to get it down. Also dosing with vibrant to help.
I do not have a mag test is the only thing. Any advice would be great on what to do
20210314_222659.jpg
20210314_222644.jpg

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and my bi color blenny is starting to munch on green star polyps, and a toadstool so the issues just never stop do they lol. And he is my favorite fish

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?! That's news to me - is that because it drops the nutrients rapidly?
Hey I've been doing some research and 9thers have had this issue. I mean I have a lot of algea for the vibrant to work on let's be real, but I'd rather manually remove it then hurt my corals. I feel so stupid I just want to be good at taking care of my corals

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone has actually come up with why, but that is one theory. Some corals do fine with it, and others just melt away(typically delicate SPS).

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone has actually come up with why, but that is one theory. Some corals do fine with it, and others just melt away(typically delicate SPS).
Oh, do you have any suggestions for me?
I'm thinking a 50 percent water change, and moving the coral back up. I haven't put direct flow on the coral because I'm scared to, I'm right the noob, but does anyone put flow directly on theirs ?

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea about the par, it was a dry rock start, my first time with saltwater as well so its been a ride. And yes I am but at least it is pretty in the waves

Back