!!!NAME GAME? I'M OUT BABY. YOU LIKE "RAINBOWS" AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT NAMES? I’M YOUR GUY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I know. I just couldn't decide which title I liked better. Truth is, I am way tired of naming SPS in general. And, even less interested in slapping names on only slightly distinguishable but otherwise super impressive looking Rainbow Tenuis. I mean these things are amazing don’t get me wrong, but with market saturation fast approaching, if not here already and prices on these long past bordering on stupid, the name game utterly bottoming out as venders just reuse and recycle variations of other vendors names, or hosting worn out contests to come up with new ones. I think I have an out for you guys. And by that I mean I believe I've concocted the antidote to this nonsense for the exhausted but still enthusiastic Rainbow Teni connoisseur, from to neophyte to seasoned aficionado.

BCBLSB

Packs include a mix of some fancy Tenuis, with their fancy pants names, and some with-out. Most of these corals look just ok to straight up crappy under whites. Radium 20k won't cut it even in most cases. But they will radiate that magical Tenuis color when the deep blue LED's are on for sure. Hence the name. Polyps can turn bright orange and otherwise subtle dark tissue glows pink and green. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Packs are still pretty limited, sorry no 10 or 12 piece yet, but I've been fragging as much as possible to help build up as many different pack combinations as I can. Been shipping these now for about a month or two now. So far, what do you guys think? Good deal or am I bananas? Thinking about doing this with Millis too...

BOW-TENIBOXES_1024x1024.png

Last edited:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That drop down menu, though! hahaha
Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I may need to treat myself to a mother's day present....
I have yet to get any battle corals!
Adam, you had offered me a freebie a whillllle back, if I get the "oh heck yeah!", would you still be willing to toss something in there?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. I just couldn't decide which title I liked better. Truth is, I am way tired of naming SPS in general. And, even less interested in slapping names on only slightly distinguishable but otherwise super impressive looking Rainbow Tenuis. I mean these things are amazing don’t get me wrong, but with market saturation fast approaching, if not here already and prices on these long past bordering on stupid, the name game utterly bottoming out as venders just reuse and recycle variations of other vendors names, or hosting worn out contests to come up with new ones. I think I have an out for you guys. And by that I mean I believe I've concocted the antidote to this nonsense for the exhausted but still enthusiastic Rainbow Teni connoisseur, from to neophyte to seasoned aficionado.

BCBLSB

Packs include a mix of some fancy Tenuis, with their fancy pants names, and some with-out. Most of these corals look just ok to straight up crappy under whites. Radium 20k won't cut it even in most cases. But they will radiate that magical Tenuis color when the deep blue LED's are on for sure. Hence the name. Polyps can turn bright orange and otherwise subtle dark tissue glows pink and green. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Packs are still pretty limited, sorry no 10 or 12 piece yet, but I've been fragging as much as possible to help build up as many different pack combinations as I can. Been shipping these now for about a month or two now. So far, what do you guys think? Good deal or am I bananas? Thinking about doing this with Millis too...

BOW-TENIBOXES_1024x1024.png
You choices in grades are AWESOME and HILARIOUS!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may need to treat myself to a mother's day present....
I have yet to get any battle corals!
Adam, you had offered me a freebie a whillllle back, if I get the "oh heck yeah!", would you still be willing to toss something in there?
Oh heck yeah I will!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use the KIS method (yes I left off the second S cause you aren’t the second S) BC Rainbow #1, BC Rainbow #2, description: Rainbow Tenius. Draw your own differences between the rainbows lol

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I appreciate a coral lover saying how crappy about 95% of tenuis look under normal lighting . It's crazy at frag shows where it's obviously a maricultured piece butchered a month prior and now its $200 an inch. A colony that was probably $35 , is now 2 grand somehow because you can see 2 colors in it under super blue lighting . Dont get me wrong there are some nice looking ones but they are few and far between . Great post and a great idea !!! Love the millie option for the future as well!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Millies & Tables pack please -
That one’s easy! Just go with a battlebox and when I ask if you have any preferences, just say “Millis and tables please”. And I’ll gladly oblige:) any size pack and can ship same day.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This would be fantastic.
Hey Thanks for the feedback! Love it! Again, a great suggestion for any size battlebox really.

These are the kinds of details I ask people for in the email I send after the order is placed:). Still though, now that I really think about it, not a bad idea galvanizing this concept as a separate product. If the interest is there.

Thanks again! I love that gears are turning in your guys heads.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Thanks for the feedback! Love it! Again, a great suggestion for any size battlebox really.

These are the kinds of details I ask people for in the email I send after the order is placed:). Still though, now that I really think about it, not a bad idea galvanizing this concept as a separate product. If the interest is there.

Thanks again! I love that gears are turning in your guys heads.
I plan to order a battlebox from you someday. I run a coralcare 100% all channels(like I believe you do or did). I figured if anyone knew what acros would shine under that fixture, it'd be you.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I plan to order a battlebox from you someday. I run a coralcare 100% all channels(like I believe you do or did). I figured if anyone knew what acros would shine under that fixture, it'd be you.
You figured right my friend! I've got lots and i mean lots of stuff that will look great under whiter lighting the CC's at 100% specifically. the good news is blues and reds colors that are essentially lost under heavy blue lighting just look amazing under daylights, purples too.

And yeah, I'd say the CC at 100% both channels is not very blue at all. closer to 10k than 14k or 20 for sure These packs will look pretty blah, under them, or at least very underwhelming at that setting. I have no doubt about that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back