!!!NAME GAME? I'M OUT BABY. YOU LIKE "RAINBOWS" AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT NAMES? I’M YOUR GUY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You figured right my friend! I've got lots and i mean lots of stuff that will look great under whiter lighting the CC's at 100% specifically. the good news is blues and reds colors that are essentially lost under heavy blue lighting just look amazing under daylights, purples too.

And yeah, I'd say the CC at 100% both channels is not very blue at all. closer to 10k than 14k or 20 for sure These packs will look pretty blah, under them, or at least very underwhelming at that setting. I have no doubt about that.
No doubt will order a custom White Light Special soon! Thanks, Adam.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo Adam! I totally get being freakin done with naming these things. You have out a ton of time into these. I hate to go against you, but the names and stories you have come up with are phenomenal! I can’t comprehend bc without your personality showing in every piece. I figured I was paying a buck for the actual stick and a hundred for your imaginative names and story lines….worth every penny by the way! Maybe it’s time to hire a ghost writer. I may be out in the field all alone, but I really dig the stuff you put out there for us to enjoy and ponder! I wish I hadn’t lost most my vision, that last pack you sent has some amaze balls pieces! I can see bright color and the blue on that space laser (what survived the trip is coming back strong) really pops!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love my YGBFKM pack with YGBFKM freebie as always!
Thanks Adam!!!
Yo Adam! I totally get being freakin done with naming these things. You have out a ton of time into these. I hate to go against you, but the names and stories you have come up with are phenomenal! I can’t comprehend bc without your personality showing in every piece. I figured I was paying a buck for the actual stick and a hundred for your imaginative names and story lines….worth every penny by the way! Maybe it’s time to hire a ghost writer. I may be out in the field all alone, but I really dig the stuff you put out there for us to enjoy and ponder! I wish I hadn’t lost most my vision, that last pack you sent has some amaze balls pieces! I can see bright color and the blue on that space laser (what survived the trip is coming back strong) really pops!
Good point indeed. And i totally hear you in fact I really appreciate the feedback.

Really for me it's more the naming of all these super similar tenuis. I honestly can't hardly keep up.

Another thing I should mention is that on my end names are the best way I have at my disposal to keep track of what I send out in Battleboxes. So there's a bit of an essential element there. At least how I have things set up now. Although I have been groupings a lot of the no named tenuis together on the racks in an effort to organize. Ultimately im sure ill continue to name the rest of the random sps that I end up propagating moving forward.

I have however been very seriously considering making the "no glitz" version of the site the default, and the named version then alternate you'll actually have to activate in order two see the manes.

And I may even get a little tricky and lower some of the prices on the un named versions of certain corals. Just for fun:) who knows. I really wouldn't be sad to see the whole naming thing fizzle out a little and as more and more newcomers get involved that's closer to the norm for them, and seeing silly names is weird. maybe just a daydream lol. I mean it's just marketing at its simplest form. "named" stuff sells.

Dust176

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my Rainbow blue box I got. It is a great concept. Some of the biggest frags I've ever received. I would definitely be interested in a milli box.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point indeed. And i totally hear you in fact I really appreciate the feedback.

Really for me it's more the naming of all these super similar tenuis. I honestly can't hardly keep up.

Another thing I should mention is that on my end names are the best way I have at my disposal to keep track of what I send out in Battleboxes. So there's a bit of an essential element there. At least how I have things set up now. Although I have been groupings a lot of the no named tenuis together on the racks in an effort to organize. Ultimately im sure ill continue to name the rest of the random sps that I end up propagating moving forward.

I have however been very seriously considering making the "no glitz" version of the site the default, and the named version then alternate you'll actually have to activate in order two see the manes.

And I may even get a little tricky and lower some of the prices on the un named versions of certain corals. Just for fun:) who knows. I really wouldn't be sad to see the whole naming thing fizzle out a little and as more and more newcomers get involved that's closer to the norm for them, and seeing silly names is weird. maybe just a daydream lol. I mean it's just marketing at its simplest form. "named" stuff sells.
Ha! I get it. In my last pack was a “orange polyp tenius”. It is , in fact, a tenius…..with orange polyps! There’s always the old generic blue script on white background “Beer” system. I have tried the no glitz version…but I have to tell you, being new to this vision thing I totally lose it listening to voice over (apples screen reader for us blind folk) try to pronounce everything on your site in full glitz mode! It cracks me up!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I loved my Rainbow blue box I got. It is a great concept. Some of the biggest frags I've ever received. I would definitely be interested in a milli box.
Awesome my good man! Thanks a ton for the feedback:). Super g lad you are happy with the selection. Makes my day. And, you are not alone on the milli packs. Vox Populi will most certainly prevail on this one. Look for milli/spath boxes to come soon.:)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wish this was pinned to the main vendor board...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did I miss this whole thread???

I have just recently decided in my display that I am no longer going to try to remember names. I used to take pictures when I would place my frags onto my aqua scape and then write on the picture the name of the frag, but it has gotten too tedious and I’m lazy and ultimately don’t care what a coral is named it only matters to me what it looks like.

I guess all I’m saying is that I support your plan to try to remove the silly hobby names. I don’t have a lot of room in my tank, but at some point I will definitely be picking up a rainbow pack

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals
So about this may sale... can you give any insider details? lol. Im about to my first order with you and saw your instagram post.
It’s still active. Just add what you want to the cart and you should see the discount.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I can't wait to get mine next week!!!!
Though, I am getting 2 named ones that I know of!
Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Couldn't help it, one was a mermaid. It called to me.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's the low end of acceptable DKH where these will still thrive?
Hi there. These will do well anywhere from 6 to 12 for sure. But like others mentioned, as long as it’s relatively stable.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some unnamed pieces hitting the site would be pretty cool. It really is all about names these days. What about pieces that just look good ?

Regardless of what piece you have on your site it looks kick butt and honestly your prices still can't be beat.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back