Name your favorite high end coral online retailer

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would he rather ship you the corals and stress them? What’s his reasoning? Seems weird as heck...

Because it probably takes him way less time to ship your order like he does everyone else's (he's probably shipping 20ish orders after his ebay sale) than it would for him to coordinate a time to meet and then drive/walk there and potentially have to wait for you. Time is money. I'm sure he has a process to go through to package all the corals and ship them out. Having one guy. He offers in state shipping for $20.

Cornbred Corals (altered photos)

I ordered some corals from Cornbred a few months ago. I don't agree that he has altered photos. He clearly runs his lights at 20K and his corals looked like the photos when I had them in my frag tank at +/- 17K. He definitely frags them on the smaller size, but he's honest about that. I'd rather have a small frag of a great color coral than a large frag that isn't colorful.

NorCal Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking for Acros, the best place I have ordered from is Top Shelf Aquatics (TSA). I have made two orders from them and all arrive nearly identical to photo. I keep wanting to place an order for a battlebox based on everyone's highly positive posts but...... There are a few more TSA signature pieces i want to add to my collection.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking for Acros, the best place I have ordered from is Top Shelf Aquatics (TSA). I have made two orders from them and all arrive nearly identical to photo. I keep wanting to place an order for a battlebox based on everyone's highly positive posts but...... There are a few more TSA signature pieces i want to add to my collection.

They have several pieces that i’d like to land. So far their live sales have happened to coincide with other major purchases for me. So i may just wait until I can visit their shop in person

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for all the love guys! Please feel free to PM us if you have any questions about picking up some pieces. We like making packs and it saves ya a couple $$$ thats for sure

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote @TopShelfAquatics as well.
I've had issues with a couple other online retailers and they were hesitant to really make it right beyond offering credit on the next purchase.
When I had problems with TSA, they immediately shipped a replacement at their own cost, the next day. They didn't wait until I was willing to give them more money to make it right.
It's hard to overstate the amount of confidence I have in a company that takes care of their customers like that.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique corals also has nice stuff ...

tmynice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got sucked into TCK flash sale..... I could not stop.... I got the fever. I got 6 frags, I am really hoping they are top notch.

Arc Goldfinger Acro
Arc Burning Bush
Tck New Dragon Acro
Tck Firepower
Tck Fuzzy Was A Bear
Tck Kaleidoscope
I will let everyone know my first impressions in about a week.

I have a couple nicer frags Fox Flame, RR Pink Floyd, Ding ding milli, but I wanted to up my game.

Anyone have any of the above? am I a fool? lol

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in any specific order here...WWC, Austin Aqua Farms, Jason Fox, Battlecorals, Top Shelf Aquatics, Tidal Gardens, Unique Corals, and the number one vendor is...the one who offers top notch customer service and doesn’t want to just take your hard earned money. In this case, it’s all of these!:cool:

Salthead007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of restocking my SPS. I bought a frag from Battle Corals. Blood red Mille. Like $50 plus shipping. Wanted to test his corals, as I was a first time buyer. Adam contacted me via email to set up delivery. I told him I was restocking from a crash when I moved. He upgraded me to a sample pack for free. So when the box arrived, It had 4 corals in it. I think it added up to like another $120 in corals free.

Also of all the online vendors I have ordered from; TSA, Fraghouse, Reef gardener, UC, and TCK, Battle Corals frags are the most colorful out of the bag. Look just like the pics. Actually better in real life. But I would buy from all the above vendors again. Emailed Cherry corals about some pics of mother colony’s, and par values, with quick responses. So I would order from them as well. Hope this helps!

Salthead007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, don’t know if it has been mentioned but Golden Basket Reef. I have heard on more than one occasion that he has nice stuff.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snipe a lot of things off EBay, I could list them all but dont want to be that guy...

Cornbread lives less then 4 miles from me I have sniped things off from him. I have met him before at a CVS parking lot but he now refuses to meet me. I dont think its right to charge $30+ for shipping when I live less then 5 miles away it just seems very scummy.

For that I refuse to do any business with him.
Ebay seller guarantee to cover himself. You have to ship, tracked.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it probably takes him way less time to ship your order like he does everyone else's (he's probably shipping 20ish orders after his ebay sale) than it would for him to coordinate a time to meet and then drive/walk there and potentially have to wait for you. Time is money. I'm sure he has a process to go through to package all the corals and ship them out. Having one guy. He offers in state shipping for $20.

I ordered some corals from Cornbred a few months ago. I don't agree that he has altered photos. He clearly runs his lights at 20K and his corals looked like the photos when I had them in my frag tank at +/- 17K. He definitely frags them on the smaller size, but he's honest about that. I'd rather have a small frag of a great color coral than a large frag that isn't colorful.
Ebay seller guarantee to cover himself. Shipping and tracked. I agree, he is honest and his corals have slot of color. It comes down to your lights, where you’re running them...he runs bluer, JF bluer, a lot of sellers are running blues. I also run bluer. Colors are there. BTW there’s a lot of haters on this thread, disturbing.

Drizzle36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a local guy in Illinois sells online Reefnation he has great stuff lots of sps but does do some lps and softies. Decent prices too better if your local and can go to his house but not bad online either.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back