Name your favorite under-the-radar coral seller!

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly one of my favorite things I do to pass small chunks of time throughout my week is to take a peek at some of my go-to coral websites. I love looking at the big players like WWC and TSA, or other pretty well-known sellers like AquaSD or Corals Anonymous, but I really enjoy discovering up and coming sites with some cool inventory, or maybe a new site with some great bargains to be had. My personal favorite find is Lucky Corals, a site a family member outside the reefing world stumbled upon when I was telling him about some of my corals, and after a few fantastic experience I'm a huge fan of theirs. In the spirit of supporting new players in the reefing industry, what are your favorite under-the-radar coral sites, and what do you like about them?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple:
Aquacorals
Aqua SD (not sure how "under the radar" this one is - seems like others have mentioned them here before)
The Coral Farm

Aqua SD always throw in an extra frag (usually have gotten a decent sized Florida ricordea or a frag of cyphastrea, etc). They have literally THE cleanest frags I've ever received by the way. Literally nothing on them when dipping, and no algae.

Aquacorals is amazing - the owner is super responsive and sweet. She sells generous sized frags and all are on real reef rock, not plugs. (One did introduce GHA to my tank unfortunately, but that was totally my fault because I knew I should have scrubbed the rock, but got lazy). My turbo snails enjoy the algae though even if I don't, haha. She also sells show size corals. I just bought a roughly 12" x 5" combo of branching sinularia and cabbage leather. Going to be a centerpiece in my new tank I'll be moving everything into soon. Got for a crazy good price considering the size! She sells aquacultured corals almost exclusively.

I haven't ordered from The Coral Farm yet, but plan to. I try to only purchase aquacultered and that's all they sell. :)

Last but not least, always check with local reefers! I attend all the frag shows in my area or within a couple hour radius. Got a huge elegance coral for $90 once. Try finding that online. The best value, and many just want to help new reefers. I always pay even if they try to give things away.

OP
OP
C

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kush Corals is a solid option that I recently found. Couldn't quite replicate the color he got out of his coral in the pic but he's got a good reputation and he does most of his sale via auctions on Twitch twice a week, they're fun to keep on in the background while I do Sunday maintenance of nothing else!

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought most of my sps at Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market events from https://defugiumsreef.com/
I attend the event at least once a year. DefugiumReef offers good discounted price. Also, seller Dan is very easy going. If you are not in a hurry to buy online, just wait and attend the event. You will save a load of moola. Plus, you get the "REAL" WYSIWYG", not online virtuals.

Johnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best kept secret for sps is harrysfrags.com. He is a hobbiest who sells corals, and his prices are better than you will find anywhere. I've ordered from him a couple of times. Shipping is on time and well packaged. He is a very nice guy also, highly recommended.

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipwrecked Corals!
They were the beginning of my salt water adventure. Incredibly patient and helpful with advice. I was able to shop directly from them when they were in my neighborhood. They usually have a small selection but they carry some really nice corals! Free shipping 299+

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what iver seen online stores bend you over with no lube. Just saw corals anonymous selling BTA original price 199 but on sale for 119.99.. I have a local guy that's sells them for 40 just about as big as you want them. Meet a local guy, make friends and support your local business.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love K&P Aquaculture!!

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I'm gonna give you all my local hook ups?! Lol
D
Glad to share mine! he's good to me, water change, hook up RODI, come by if I have issue/question. I just have so many questions I hate to bother him ALL the time. He comes to work twice a week to maintain tank and I bombard him everytime I see him but he loves to chat it up and give me any and all advice. Seriously good people... although he hooks me up on prices of everything, I'd pay extra only bc of the service I receive from him.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back