nano dorm tank

pufferluvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! ive been a lurker on here for about 7 years id say but i always enjoy reading what people have to say. I'll cut to the chase, though: I'm looking into the Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon tank as a tank to keep in my dorm here at college. I will take it with me across campus to a real apartment in about 10 months or less where tanks are allowed. Here in the dorms I can only have a 10 gallon or less size tank, but my RA does not care about what size tank i have because he is too lazy to measure it. 13.5 gallons makes me slightly less nervous than an actual 10 gallon anyway in terms of swimming room and water stability.

I've never had a saltwater tank under about 40 gallons and i prefer 75 gallons as a minimum for my preferred inhabitants :loudly-crying-face: so a 13.5 is pretty new to me! i love clowns and puffers, though. I think a 13.5 is way too small for a pair of clowns and ive never had a SW puffer before so im looking for some ideas or tips on what i should do! would it be a smart idea to get a juvenile fish and then upgrade its tank in 10 months? are there any puffers that start that small?

My other idea is a trio of pea puffers in a freshwater tank instead. That's something I'm much more comfortable with size-wise BUT i want a colorful fish i can see from across the room.

Last thing: i don't have a roommate and i DO have a bathroom! ill probably buy a Python water changer just to be safe because i have a tendency to fill my water change buckets too high and then spill them on my floor as i carry them :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I dont care much about corals these days although seeing all of the nice frags at Aquashella last year changed my view on them quite a bit! but still, coral-nipping fish arent a problem

Back