Nano for a n00b! Need lighting advice.

Discussion in 'New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here' started by will0wtr33, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. will0wtr33

will0wtr33 Member

Hello! My name is Alex. I'm new to saltwater tanks, and could use some advice for a 10g nano reef I hope to set up in the future!
    I saw Mike from Mass Aquariums uses a ZooMed Aquasun HO LED light system for his 10g nano, but after doing a little more research I see a lot of people saying that it doesn't produce enough light.
    Anyone have this light on a nano and have any comments or advice?
    I was also looking at the Current USA Orbit marine LED, which is a little more expensive, but has more options for control and power.
    I plan on having one or two small fish, a few inverts, and growing LPS and soft coral.
    Advice, opinions, or alternative solutions welcome! =]

Tags:

2. jackson2424

jackson2424 Member

I also have a 10 gal and had the zoomed and I upgraded to the ai prime ha I love it even tho it’s a little more expensive it pays off

3. will0wtr33

will0wtr33 Member

While I could maybe spring the extra cash for that, I was really hoping for something with onboard controls. I love the availability of control via app or PC, but I don't like the idea of something that can ONLY be controlled that way. Kinda scares me. Thank you for your suggestion!

Draft saved Draft deleted