Nano for a n00b! Need lighting advice.

will0wtr33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Alex. I'm new to saltwater tanks, and could use some advice for a 10g nano reef I hope to set up in the future!
I saw Mike from Mass Aquariums uses a ZooMed Aquasun HO LED light system for his 10g nano, but after doing a little more research I see a lot of people saying that it doesn't produce enough light.
Anyone have this light on a nano and have any comments or advice?
I was also looking at the Current USA Orbit marine LED, which is a little more expensive, but has more options for control and power.
I plan on having one or two small fish, a few inverts, and growing LPS and soft coral.
Advice, opinions, or alternative solutions welcome! =]

jackson2424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 10 gal and had the zoomed and I upgraded to the ai prime ha I love it even tho it’s a little more expensive it pays off

OP
OP
will0wtr33

will0wtr33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 10 gal and had the zoomed and I upgraded to the ai prime ha I love it even tho it’s a little more expensive it pays off
While I could maybe spring the extra cash for that, I was really hoping for something with onboard controls. I love the availability of control via app or PC, but I don't like the idea of something that can ONLY be controlled that way. Kinda scares me. Thank you for your suggestion!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back