Nano Reef fish with big personality

TSM Aquatics

hroberge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looking for some community input on great little nano reef fish with big personalities. I’m a big fan of gobies and blennys. So far the Tailspot blenny. What would you add ?

3E99DF08-E218-40E0-8661-B2B993BE0041.png 32A2F848-A1B6-4622-A8FC-607B028C8B5A.jpeg

BanjoBandito

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If you only want 1 fish, get a frog fish. I have a neon goby, pistol shrimp/watchman goby pair and geometric pygmy hawk in my nano (12 gallons). All have super cool personalities. My plan is eventually to move everything to a larger tank and go frog fish in the nano. The obvious answer is A CLOWNFISH. lol.

RAP
Top Shelf Aquatics

MaxTremors

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If you only want 1 fish, get a frog fish. I have a neon goby, pistol shrimp/watchman goby pair and geometric pygmy hawk in my nano (12 gallons). All have super cool personalities. My plan is eventually to move everything to a larger tank and go frog fish in the nano. The obvious answer is A CLOWNFISH. lol.
IMO, 12 gallons isn’t big enough for a frog fish. They are messy fish and require a lot of filtration and water volume to handle the ‘nutrients’ that they ‘release’ (lol) into the water.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Exquisite Firefish or the Helfrichi; Hector's Goby, Pajama Cardinalfish
Blech. I have a pair of PJ's... Most boring fish in my tank. I'll give you a high 5 on the fire fish though... And a pass on the PJ's because we're "neighbors".

RAP

RalphTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I like the goby/pistol relationship and can watch them interact forever. The loud snap is chilling.
But for personality I choose the clown face goby. He sits on everything and digs himself. Eats whatever floats by and is a calm little tank mate.

TSM Aquatics

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 161 41.6%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 9.0%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 168 43.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 3.4%
BMF signature corals