Nano sump used for a 75 gallon tank?

Qbmafia444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a new Marineland 75 gallon ensemble and I will drill it eventually for a ghost overflow. My only hesitation is with the space that I have that can only for a estoppe nano cube refugium. It measure at 14x14x16. The website say it holds 20gallons of water and max tank to use it on is 40gallons. Below are pictures of stand. Both cabinets on the side with doors have interior dimensions of 14.5x14.5. Will this be ok or will I have a problem? And are there any tips or recommendations for me? Thank you

4AD15EA5-65DB-4DA8-8993-6F28EDA68138.jpeg 211F3C54-D851-4406-92D5-0F17B56DDB70.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with any nano sump, or in sumps in general, is that they are basing the sump size on the possible skimmers and other misc equipment. However, you can try to see what skimmers can fit in the compartment or simply do a refugium with a strong grow light. Really all a sump does is add a place for you to add your equipment. The best thing you can do is measure out your heater, filter stuff, etc. and make sure you can fit it in whatever sump you are looking at.

I am curious though if you have thought of maybe doing a dual overflow and running a sump in each side part. Obviously this would cost more but you could make one side a dedicated refugium and the other your equipment sump (heater, skimmer, reactor, etc.)

OP
OP
Q

Qbmafia444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of the dual sump idea however I read somewhere that the flow would have to be exactly the same and seemed like there’s more room for error as far as overflowing the sumps. But I can still consider that. Thank you I really appreciate your input

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the return pump is off (either by you or power interrupt, make sure your “sump” can handle the water coming back and will not overflow.
The math seems it’s to small, but do the math.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of the dual sump idea however I read somewhere that the flow would have to be exactly the same and seemed like there’s more room for error as far as overflowing the sumps. But I can still consider that. Thank you I really appreciate your input
The flow wouldn't need to be the exact same. You would just have a dual overflow and dual return pump setups

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the return pump is off (either by you or power interrupt, make sure your “sump” can handle the water coming back and will not overflow.
The math seems it’s to small, but do the math.

Ah yeah forgot about that one. Good point

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back