Nanoreefings 40g cvue tank

webvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you planning on adding an ATO? would there be an easy way to add one without drilling?

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you planning on adding an ATO? would there be an easy way to add one without drilling?
I have an ato on it, Icecap ato.Like it more than my other atos that’s I’ve had. Why would you drill for an ato?

webvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just so the return is not hanging over the tank. From my understanding the reservoir would be under the cabinet and the tubing would have to go through the back to the top and over into the sump

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just so the return is not hanging over the tank. From my understanding the reservoir would be under the cabinet and the tubing would have to go through the back to the top and over into the sump
I mean I guess you could drill if you want to but I didn’t. The back of the tank has like hard plastic over the glass

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot as the lights start to fade for the night.
48B2A1E2-65C8-4CFC-93AE-7764EF8EC532.jpeg

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use for your filter? How the two ai primes doing? Do you have cheato? Mine is on its way. Just want to know or see you back chambers equipment.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use for your filter? How the two ai primes doing? Do you have cheato? Mine is on its way. Just want to know or see you back chambers equipment.
I don’t have much for my back compartments. I have chemipure blue in one of the filter sucks, I have crushed rubble in the back. I use a chaeto reactor on it. That’s pretty much it for me. I’m looking to add a skimmer soon. Looking into the ice cap k2-50 as the foot print is small enough to fit in the back chamber
C3EAE716-5BB8-4011-AE28-21A77A85F9FD.png

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s hard to find info. I got to see the tank a few times before I got it. Lfs has one set up. Also talked to cobalt aquatics too. I have about 30lbs in the display and about 5 crushed rock in the back. I have two fish in mine. Lighting maroon clown and a gold nugget clown that’s all I’m putting due to having a carpet anemone, but you could deff do more of you keep up with water changes or nutrient exchange. A nice skimmer willl help. I have a chaeto reactor on mine

what is your reactor and where is it moumted?

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your reactor and where is it moumted?
I have two reactors that I’m using. The one that is currently on the tank is a aquatop small one that I had on my biocube, but put my aquatic extra large on the biocube because I had a bad algae breakout. The picture of the one with the chaeto is currently what I’m pulling from the cvue about 1.5 weeks. It just hangs on the back of the tank
FCDD8354-2999-4154-BBEF-4396BCA82CD6.png 8483679B-6126-4FEA-A265-D3BEB4432A8C.jpeg 885356BC-2F3C-4434-80FF-8992D3FEBD6F.jpeg

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sitting here trying to puzzle out how you got one in the back fuge... This makes more sense! Thank you for the reply.

I just got one of these tanks and have been puzzling about how to fit one in the back without wrecking that black plastic. All of my ideas are too ugly to use with such a sleek tank.

Are you able to avoid light bleed with that setup? I feel like you could wrap it without a real problem due to the constant water flow cooling the LEDs. I was unable to tell that you even had it with your pictures.

I have not set mine up yet but I bought an aquatic life 115 cheapo off of amazon to take a pot shot at it working. It's rated for a smaller tank and has to be modified for sound purposes but it will fit mostly in the back and if it doesn't work it is almost free so w/e.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sitting here trying to puzzle out how you got one in the back fuge... This makes more sense! Thank you for the reply.

I just got one of these tanks and have been puzzling about how to fit one in the back without wrecking that black plastic. All of my ideas are too ugly to use with such a sleek tank.

Are you able to avoid light bleed with that setup? I feel like you could wrap it without a real problem due to the constant water flow cooling the LEDs. I was unable to tell that you even had it with your pictures.

I have not set mine up yet but I bought an aquatic life 115 cheapo off of amazon to take a pot shot at it working. It's rated for a smaller tank and has to be modified for sound purposes but it will fit mostly in the back and if it doesn't work it is almost free so w/e.
Little bit of light comes out from behind the tank, I’ll take a full tank shot later today and show you. The big reactor is the one that light bleeds everywhere. The skimmer is pretty decent man. I ran one on my biocube for a few years. Only thing is it’s under rated for the cvue 40

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, what heater do you use? The heater I purchased sticks out of the sump like 2.5-3" which is against the directions.

Back