Nanoreefings 40g cvue tank

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How the filter socks for filtration for you? I talk to intank the were suggesting using the nuvo 40 intank and jbj 30 as the basket.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How the filter socks for filtration for you? I talk to intank the were suggesting using the nuvo 40 intank and jbj 30 as the basket.
To be honest I like the filter socks. I have chemipure blue in one of the socks. I clean them about every two weeks. I think they work great. Not going to get a basket for this build.

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Im still waiting for my custom stand to finish.

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I got another question for you - what did you use to secure the tubes into the tank for the reactor? I've gone and purchased all of the things you mentioned but can't figure out a good secure holder for the return tube. Thanks for the help so far!

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I got another question for you - what did you use to secure the tubes into the tank for the reactor? I've gone and purchased all of the things you mentioned but can't figure out a good secure holder for the return tube. Thanks for the help so far!

I went to Home Depot and looked for plastic mounting clips for the tubing. I couldn’t find a picture of the ones I have but something like this.
IMG_4415.JPG

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running skimmer? Im setting up mine today just cant decide where ill put the skimmer

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running skimmer? Im setting up mine today just cant decide where ill put the skimmer

Im not running a skimmer yet, but will be in the near future. The skimmer I think that would be the best for this tank would be the icecap k2-50. The foot print would fit perfect inside the chamber next to the filter socks. Let me know what you do. I honestly haven’t done much more with the tank because I’m spending money on a different build left and right. So that’s where everything is going..

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Home Depot and looked for plastic mounting clips for the tubing. I couldn’t find a picture of the ones I have but something like this.
IMG_4415.JPG
Thank you! I'll be sure to send a picture of my tank once it really gets going... Speaking of - you're about due for a picture or two?
FYI - you are one of 2 people on the internet (far as I can tell) documenting cvue 40 builds. Doing Poseidon's work.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'll be sure to send a picture of my tank once it really gets going... Speaking of - you're about due for a picture or two?
FYI - you are one of 2 people on the internet (far as I can tell) documenting cvue 40 builds. Doing Poseidon's work.
Can’t wait to see it!! Where are you located? I’ll be sure to put a couple pictures up tomorrow. Light will be off by time I get home tonight.
And yeah I couldn’t find anyone with this tank up on the threads. Luckily my lfs has it setup as a display tank.

busta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see it!! Where are you located? I’ll be sure to put a couple pictures up tomorrow. Light will be off by time I get home tonight.
And yeah I couldn’t find anyone with this tank up on the threads. Luckily my lfs has it setup as a display tank.
I'm in Minnesota! I got mine from someone who just got it all set up and had to move for work. I had been shopping for an sca 50 setup and bought this on an impulse. It's quite nice, which is good, since I never saw one before I sent an offer. They are completely sold out everywhere and seem to have been oos for a couple months - I can't even buy a lid.

The sizing of the tank sump makes it tricky so part advice is really useful.

Here is what I have so far. The YWG is on a short break from his candy pistol. Both swam opposite directions upon tank, now live in separate homes 5" apart. Also an algae blenny who is hiding. Tank has been up about a month now and I was waiting for stable parameters to add coral. Might add one or two this weekend.
Photos could probably be better...
20180607_212846.jpg
20180607_212912.jpg
20180607_212941.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Minnesota! I got mine from someone who just got it all set up and had to move for work. I had been shopping for an sca 50 setup and bought this on an impulse. It's quite nice, which is good, since I never saw one before I sent an offer. They are completely sold out everywhere and seem to have been oos for a couple months - I can't even buy a lid.

The sizing of the tank sump makes it tricky so part advice is really useful.

Here is what I have so far. The YWG is on a short break from his candy pistol. Both swam opposite directions upon tank, now live in separate homes 5" apart. Also an algae blenny who is hiding. Tank has been up about a month now and I was waiting for stable parameters to add coral. Might add one or two this weekend.
Photos could probably be better...
20180607_212846.jpg
20180607_212912.jpg
20180607_212941.jpg

Your tank is looking good man, I’m sure they will soon meet up and stay together. I liked the sca tanks just never seen one in person. I had their skimmer and hated it. I’m glad to see someone else has the tank, because it also helps me out with questions and other ways to go about mods. That’s crappy that you can’t find a lid, They have some at my lfs here. I’m in Florida, you are pretty far from me.

Im would try a cheap easy coral and see how it does. I had coral in my tank about a month into it.

I really want to buy cobalts light but can’t spend that much :/

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not running a skimmer yet, but will be in the near future. The skimmer I think that would be the best for this tank would be the icecap k2-50. The foot print would fit perfect inside the chamber next to the filter socks. Let me know what you do. I honestly haven’t done much more with the tank because I’m spending money on a different build left and right. So that’s where everything is going..

Just finished mine yesterday. From my 20 to 40. This change was faster than my 6g to 20g.
ccebb246314005bf6f70a53433dcc5c5.jpg

d5a0f7bd1e909ec232a0bfdab9f91c1e.jpg

862cc8b88b4d9d0e08aab903c4356781.jpg

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some death mails to the tank today, don’t look to happy right now.
5036290ede9b969bc9301f87598ae30e.jpg
4cfc9502d66032d92121b8d34ab95c95.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back