Narrowed It Down to 3 Scapes (New Added Scape) - Help Me Decide Which is Best!

Which Scape Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you following along, I started a poll yesterday below. One of the main asks was to see a "floor" view of the scapes. I went out to the garage a few minutes ago to grab a couple extra pictures, and saw an idea for an additional 3rd scape. If you were following along earlier, please see the floor view, along with the additional scape - and cast your vote!

My thread really hasn't gotten much traction (I don't mind - I'm doing it for me, more than anything else)...

If you're curious:

I sat down with my fiancé and her mom to try different rocks, etc. They don't know anything about reefs or aquascaping, but I'm happy they want to be involved.

While I'm at it, I wanted to get the people's vote on the scape....

Scape "A"

D45F721E-9739-43DB-9BFA-373430ECD06C.jpeg

3F889CC6-F14D-4262-B101-AE062198381F.jpeg

A3.jpg

Scape B

BD357E34-4486-443D-8710-CCB25057C0C9.jpeg

1626F265-7F7A-4842-BF47-F1FFB4550370.jpeg

B3.jpg

Scape C....

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Last edited:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose B but not sure about coral placement for the center vertical piece if your going to have a mixed tank. A looks like coral placement would be easier. Any way you go they are all really nice and are going to look great covered in coral!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I chose B but not sure about coral placement for the center vertical piece if your going to have a mixed tank. A looks like coral placement would be easier. Any way you go they are all really nice and are going to look great covered in coral!

Thank you!! I agree with you - scape B + C would allow for better SPS placement in the middle of the structure...

I think scape A would provide more real estate for LPS + Softies in the middle.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was torn between A and C. I ultimately picked A because of the ends and how they arc up. I like how C had lots of nooks and crannies. Maybe a hybrid for option D? Haha

I'll keep looking at it, and see if there are any more variations that would work. Thank you!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The center rock in scapes B + C is a large (and very heavy) coral skeleton that I kept from the '80s....
You have to do C then! It’s perfect for fish and inverts but also it’s got a bit of history to it already.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving option C. But, honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong. The fact that you all ready have your family involved and the tank isn’t even wet yet means you’re going to have a beautiful tank for many to enjoy. Can’t wait to follow along to see where things go! :)

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving option C. But, honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong. The fact that you all ready have your family involved and the tank isn’t even wet yet means you’re going to have a beautiful tank for many to enjoy. Can’t wait to follow along to see where things go! :)
Thanks for the reply! Yes, you are right - it's great having the family involved. The occasional trip to WWC and the promise to let them pick some corals and fish (from a list ) also helps a little I'm sure.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! Yes, you are right - it's great having the family involved. The occasional trip to WWC and the promise to let them pick some corals and fish (from a list ) also helps a little I'm sure.
What’s your general plan with corals? Lps, sps, mixed? Have you thought about fish yet?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back