Narrowing down the stock list.

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the tank is cycling along nicely I'm been going back to the list of fish that I'm considering stocking in my Marine 70.3.

Watchman Goby
Occ or Percula Clown (pair?)
Kandern Cardinalfish
Royal Gramma
Firefish; normal or purple
Wrasse (Pink-Streaked, Ruby Longfin Fairy, or Carpenter's)
Angel (Dwarf, Coral Beauty, or Flame)

Again, not planning on putting all of those in the tank, but this is my starting point. I figure it's easier to just make a large list and narrow it down. I'm planning on ordering my lid with my next paycheck (looking at you wrasses), and I'm aware of Angels and that they can get a tase for corals. What's the hive mind's thoughts on the choices?

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 70.2 is the 2x2x2 right?

Watchman Goby - Don’t forget the pistol shrimp!
Occ or Percula Clown (pair?) - Definitely a pair, after that its really dealer’s choice
Kandern Cardinalfish - good choice
Royal Gramma - also a good choice
Firefish; normal or purple - caution if kept with a royal gramma (add this guy first)
Wrasse (Pink-Streaked, Ruby Longfin Fairy, or Carpenter's) - in a 24” tank probably better off with the pink-streaked.
Angel (Dwarf, Coral Beauty, or Flame) - I wouldn’t put one in here, dwarf angels can really move around an aquarium and I don’t think it’s going to have enough space in here.

IMO:
2x Occ Clowns
Watchman Goby w/ Pistol Shrimp
Royal Gramma
Cardinal fish
Pink-streaked Wrasse

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 70.2 is the 2x2x2 right?

Watchman Goby - Don’t forget the pistol shrimp!
Occ or Percula Clown (pair?) - Definitely a pair, after that its really dealer’s choice
Kandern Cardinalfish - good choice
Royal Gramma - also a good choice
Firefish; normal or purple - caution if kept with a royal gramma (add this guy first)
Wrasse (Pink-Streaked, Ruby Longfin Fairy, or Carpenter's) - in a 24” tank probably better off with the pink-streaked.
Angel (Dwarf, Coral Beauty, or Flame) - I wouldn’t put one in here, dwarf angels can really move around an aquarium and I don’t think it’s going to have enough space in here.

IMO:
2x Occ Clowns
Watchman Goby w/ Pistol Shrimp
Royal Gramma
Cardinal fish
Pink-streaked Wrasse

It's three footer. 36" x 16" x 18" Thats the only reason I was considering the Angels.

Honestly, the Goby was pretty much the only "must have." love that goofy face.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's three footer. 36" x 16" x 18" Thats the only reason I was considering the Angels.

Honestly, the Goby was pretty much the only "must have." love that goofy face.
Ah I see it now. Obviously any dwarf angel is reef caution but in a 36” you could do a cherub, or flameback, or maybe a flame angel. I personally wouldn’t do the flame, but if I was willing to risk my fleshy LPS I might consider a cherub angel.

you could also consider the carpenters flasher in a 36” tank.

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I see it now. Obviously any dwarf angel is reef caution but in a 36” you could do a cherub, or flameback, or maybe a flame angel. I personally wouldn’t do the flame, but if I was willing to risk my fleshy LPS I might consider a cherub angel.

you could also consider the carpenters flasher in a 36” tank.
Swap out the gramma if I add the angel?

NJBillyV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a snowflake clown and, although expensive, he looks amazing worth every cent.

Not crazy about Cardinal fish but it's your tank.

I'd replace the Royal Gramma with a Black Cap Basslet, again, kinda expensive but very cool looking. I've never cared much for Royal Gramma's, they hide too much for me.

Have you considered an Engineer Goby? You have to give them room to dig but when they grow they are super cool. That was probably everyone's favorite fish in my 75.

Good luck!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back