Naso death and orange shoulder white blotch’s.

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been outta town for a few days. The house sitter has been watching tank. Naso ate well last night she noticed it dead this am. I attached photo of orange shoulder. Nobody else is showing anything yet but have a gem tang, tusk, Achilles and few gobies. All fish have gone through rigorous quarantine process. Naso was about 4 months and orange has been in for a year. Tank is 1.5 years. All fish have Gone through qt sense start of tank no new additions recently. 320 give to take with sump. Water parameters are on point recent icp test was all normal. I run one every 2-3 months just cause :) thoughts please.

35FB1562-7FB0-496D-B025-B9031BC5DD65.jpeg 289D67A7-1F29-4AE7-B343-0260124E7726.jpeg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a fight, right?

Nasos can be a little difficult, but if you've had it for 4 months and it was eating...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a "one off" issue, injury, internal rupture, something like that. The only communicable disease goes close to that speed is velvet, Amyloodinium, but even that doesn't go from fish feeding well to death in 12 hours. Still, you might have the fish sitter send you a video, just to ensure there isn't any other fish showing rapid breathing (a key symptom of velvet).

Jay

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a fight, right?

Nasos can be a little difficult, but if you've had it for 4 months and it was eating...
Im wondering if somebody is being a bully…
The shoulder is so peaceful the punk is gem he has left a few marks on Achilles… maybe
Might be a "one off" issue, injury, internal rupture, something like that. The only communicable disease goes close to that speed is velvet, Amyloodinium, but even that doesn't go from fish feeding well to death in 12 hours. Still, you might have the fish sitter send you a video, just to ensure there isn't any other fish showing rapid breathing (a key symptom of velvet).

Jay
hey thank you! I’m home now and everyone looks fine no rapid breathing eating well etc

Back