naso tang bloated/constipation?

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This naso has been in my aquarium for about a year now, today he is listing, with labored swimming and bloated. Any ideas? All of these fish were quarantined, 28+ days therapeutic copper, prazi and FW baths, some had broad spectrum antibiotics and/or medicated foods, some didn't. All fish are very healthy, daily diets consist of full sheet of nori, reef nutrition pellets, PE mysids and LRS reef frenzy. Occasionally enriched brine, Rods fish eggs, calanus, etc. Water chemistries are very good. There are a lot of tangs in the tank, but never seen any aggression towards the naso, and no signs of being picked on or heavy breathing. Still eating as of now. Thanks.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be swim blatter...no expert, my friend said his hippo tang had issues, can't recall what he did, bit fish is still with him today and never happened again.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This naso has been in my aquarium for about a year now, today he is listing, with labored swimming and bloated. Any ideas? All of these fish were quarantined, 28+ days therapeutic copper, prazi and FW baths, some had broad spectrum antibiotics and/or medicated foods, some didn't. All fish are very healthy, daily diets consist of full sheet of nori, reef nutrition pellets, PE mysids and LRS reef frenzy. Occasionally enriched brine, Rods fish eggs, calanus, etc. Water chemistries are very good. There are a lot of tangs in the tank, but never seen any aggression towards the naso, and no signs of being picked on or heavy breathing. Still eating as of now. Thanks.

It does seem to be positively buoyant on one side. I would think that a swim bladder problem would be more symmetrical left to right, and would be located more dorsally. I think this is gas in the intestines, possibly from food decomposition due to a blockage. Unfortunately I don’t know of any treatment for this, hopefully it can clear on its own.
Jay

OP
OP
jdiefenbaugh

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Jay was correct, the tang is back to normal today.

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back