Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

pleas Help me i am losing my Naso Tang

I have this fish for 3 months first month i get the fish all my fish has white spot ,so i treat them by copper and after two month which is now i see this skin problem in my Naso tang head above his eye ,so pleas help me what to do for him it now very very helthy and eating and swimming,but i guess week after will lose his shape because of this hole becoming bigger day by day ,so pleas advise me what to do

Note :
i did the following
Every 10 days changing water 20%
Salt at 22
Pleas help me to solve this skin problem also today the hole become biger than last days

040E65A4-9E26-42FE-91E5-058F324E975C.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

I have this fish for 3 months first month i get the fish all my fish has white spot ,so i treat them by copper and after two month which is now i see this skin problem in my Naso tang head above his eye ,so pleas help me what to do for him it now very very helthy and eating and swimming,but i guess week after will lose his shape because of this hole becoming bigger day by day ,so pleas advise me what to do

Note :
i did the following
Salt at 22
Pleas help me to solve this skin problem also today the hole become biger than last days

Is it just above the right eye or is it above both eyes? If above both it is head and lateral line erosion - but naso tangs rarely get that. If it is above just that one eye it could be a bacterial infection.
Jay

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just above the right eye or is it above both eyes? If above both it is head and lateral line erosion - but naso tangs rarely get that. If it is above just that one eye it could be a bacterial infection.
Jay
Yes it's only above right eye and between his eyes alittel bit ,but also today there is line shown in his boddy above the lateral line this today shown , pleas i need the solution what to do with her pleas help me i want it to keep helthy and to to get sick and end with dieing pleas help me replay for me for the solution

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this we call it "Heels" it happened with naso tang mostly but i do not know what is the treatment for it ,so pleas advised me pleas # jay Hemdal #fishmedic

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using carbon in a bag or a reactor? You'll need to put the carbon bag in a low micron filter sock. That's what I do as a precaution in my carbon reactor.

Did you get same problem with naso tang ??? For me i am not using any carbon at all last two months i used copper treatment ,then after 15 days i removed the copper from the tank by changing the water and i used " polyfiber filter " it come like spong i put it I don't know if this includes copper or not but in the bag it's not written that incloude carbon , so pleas help me to save my naso tang pleas

note : the copper from 1and half month no copper in my tank i keep testing it

0E0B5F26-61D9-45B0-94B7-1164CDC77761.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is HLLE, that is really rare in naso tangs. In fact, I've never seen it on that species myself. There is a post here of a naso tang that has a lesion like your fish:

Here is an article I wrote about HLLE:

This won't be fatal to the fish, just a bit disfiguring.

Jay

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using carbon in a bag or a reactor? You'll need to put the carbon bag in a low micron filter sock. That's what I do as a precaution in my carbon reactor.
If it is HLLE, that is really rare in naso tangs. In fact, I've never seen it on that species myself. There is a post here of a naso tang that has a lesion like your fish:

Here is an article I wrote about HLLE:

This won't be fatal to the fish, just a bit disfiguring.

Jay
Thank you so much i see this article and i get my fish problem it's 90% Heels ,but at end what is the treatment for it other than good quality of water i have changed the water two time and i am going to change it every week is there is anything to do as shown in your article???

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good water quality and let it heal as much as it can. I can also tell you that stray voltage is a cause of this as well. Its a cheap thing to fix, get you a titanium grounding probe and check to make sure none of your heaters or anything are going bad.

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take to get to the state of the posted pick?
This happened last week they start in very thin line above his eye and then start to become thick untill today they get as you seen in photo

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas advise me after reading from internet i get that my fish has Heels , so i found this treatment " kanaplex " + "foucs" using them together by mixing it with food ,so can tell me if this treatment will help and my dr.fish "Bicolor cleaner wrasse" keep annoying the naso tang ,so go with this treatment or no pleas share your experience with me and help me

note : in my tank no corals i have only one pic of Anemone is 't safe for it because i don't have Quarantine tank

#Hurricaneaquatic
#jayhamdel

A3502BCF-AF8A-4CEF-85FF-0B2B12A9A4C0.jpeg E232B829-123D-404B-AD27-A9219C73EF90.jpeg

Smogenreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

Note :
i did the following
Salt at 22

hope it gets better

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas advise me after reading from internet i get that my fish has Heels , so i found this treatment " kanaplex " + "foucs" using them together by mixing it with food ,so can tell me if this treatment will help and my dr.fish "Bicolor cleaner wrasse" keep annoying the naso tang ,so go with this treatment or no pleas share your experience with me and help me

note : in my tank no corals i have only one pic of Anemone is 't safe for it because i don't have Quarantine tank

#Hurricaneaquatic
#jayhamdel

A3502BCF-AF8A-4CEF-85FF-0B2B12A9A4C0.jpeg E232B829-123D-404B-AD27-A9219C73EF90.jpeg

Adding antibiotics to Focus without calculating the dose is always just a guess. If you want to try and dose properly, it is difficult to do, but I wrote an article on it:

External infections (if this is indeed bacterial) do not respond well to oral medications. However, adding antibiotics to your main display is not a good idea, you would need a treatment tank.

Cleaner wrasse can really harass fish with lesions in small aquariums, where the fish can't get away. It could make the issue worse.

Jay

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding antibiotics to Focus without calculating the dose is always just a guess. If you want to try and dose properly, it is difficult to do, but I wrote an article on it:

External infections (if this is indeed bacterial) do not respond well to oral medications. However, adding antibiotics to your main display is not a good idea, you would need a treatment tank.

Cleaner wrasse can really harass fish with lesions in small aquariums, where the fish can't get away. It could make the issue worse.

Jay
So at the end what should i do i am losing my fish every day i late without helping her ,so pleas advice me as i understand in my case treatment with food will not work i have to add the treatment with water in a QT not in my tank and what will be happend if i trate the hole tank ??

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at the end what should i do i am losing my fish every day i late without helping her ,so pleas advice me as i understand in my case treatment with food will not work i have to add the treatment with water in a QT not in my tank and what will be happend if i trate the hole tank ??

What other symptoms does your fish show? If it is only these lesions, then it won't be fatal. If it is showing other symptoms, those may not be related to these lesions and should be addressed separately.

You should not treat your whole tank with antibiotics as that can harm your beneficial bacteria.

Jay

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other symptoms does your fish show? If it is only these lesions, then it won't be fatal. If it is showing other symptoms, those may not be related to these lesions and should be addressed separately.

You should not treat your whole tank with antibiotics as that can harm your beneficial bacteria.

Jay
My fish till now very helthy swimming and eating well just she has this hole it start with thin line then it become like big hole after a week ,so i am trying to keep it healthy and give it best treatment

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems like 2 choices. 1. Keep watching it since there are no other symptoms or 2. Move the fish to another tank and treat with antibiotics.

I would do 1. BUT if it continues to worsen, I would tend to treat (with the kanamycin that you have) in a hospital tank in a bath. In the meantime - make sure your water quality is excellent - etc as already mentioned. Watch carefully for other symptoms

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back