National Moving company for aquariums?

Stutters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

im not sure where this goes? so I thought I would try my luck in general. Feel free to move it if it needs to go in a different section.

I am looking for a company to pick up and move a Reefer 525 from Georgia to Michigan. If anyone can recommend any companies that transport that would be great.

thanks

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I know your only bet is to work with a LFS (either where you are or where you’re going). I don’t think there’s a national option but I’m interested in what others have to say

OP
OP
Stutters

Stutters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i dont think thehy exist! :)

looks liuke going to have to be the old penske job

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An LFS or aquarium service company would be the best bet to hire to do this but it will be an expensive move. What might work is to hire a service company to teardown, and load the truck then drive yourself up to Michigan. Then hire another service company to help unload and setup.

OP
OP
Stutters

Stutters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm thinking about just flying down. renting a truck and driving it back and hiring some help to move the tank myself!

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe some folks have used uship.com to have tanks moved for them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have always used u-ship
You name your price or accept bids and free to list and join

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm thinking about just flying down. renting a truck and driving it back and hiring some help to move the tank myself!
By far your best option, in all honesty. That or sell the tank locally and pick up a new one. Not sure of the cost difference, but I know people that have moved coast to coast and actually saved money by selling and buying new, versus what the moving costs would have been, let alone the risks.

Mooses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far your best option, in all honesty. That or sell the tank locally and pick up a new one. Not sure of the cost difference, but I know people that have moved coast to coast and actually saved money by selling and buying new, versus what the moving costs would have been, let alone the risks.
I agree with this. I think the most economical possibility will be to sell & buy a new one at your new location. Just trying to keep all the livestock healthy while moving from GA to MI would be a huge beatdown. Not that it cannot be done, it'll just take a lot of effort & planning!

Back