Natural Sea Water For FOWLR?

Benny_Mac0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into buying a Fowlr Tank and was wondering if i could use NSW? I know that i shouldnt really for reef tank as wont have correct parameters but is fish only different?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into buying a Fowlr Tank and was wondering if i could use NSW? I know that i shouldnt really for reef tank as wont have correct parameters but is fish only different?
Big tanks down here in South Florida use natural sea water, but the water typically comes from further out, not close to the shore. I’d be cautious collecting it yourself close to the shore because of contaminants. Good luck!

OP
OP
Benny_Mac0

Benny_Mac0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big tanks down here in South Florida use natural sea water, but the water typically comes from further out, not close to the shore. I’d be cautious collecting it yourself close to the shore because of contaminants. Good luck!
A Local fish shop close to me goes out on a boat and collects big batches at a time i will probably be getting it from there.

Gomez Adams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, my aunt actually used NSW for a tank she had. She lived about 100 feet from where the Edisto River emptied into the Atlantic Ocean. She'd go out as the tide came in and get the water in a 5 gallong bucket.

It worked for her, but as mentioned earlier, I'd be very careful about where you get it, especially close to shore.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back