NoviReefGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well its almost time for my dream to finally come to reality. I am anticipating the arrival of my tank here in southeast MI. The Tank is @ 120" x 60" x 48" and the stand is 120" x 60" x 24" . I m looking for a recommendation ( and hire) for movers/riggers to help with the move. the thought is to crane ( have that figured out) the tank over my home into my back yard ( placed directly in front of the door to it will go through). it will need to go down 4 steps into my basement through double doors. gonna be a tight fit precise fit.. but doable.

I appreciate anyone's insight.. pictures to follow...

Lazy's Coral House
BRS

sp1187

The Great Enabler
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well its almost time for my dream to finally come to reality. I am anticipating the arrival of my tank here in southeast MI. The Tank is @ 120" x 60" x 48" and the stand is 120" x 60" x 24" . I m looking for a recommendation ( and hire) for movers/riggers to help with the move. the thought is to crane ( have that figured out) the tank over my home into my back yard ( placed directly in front of the door to it will go through). it will need to go down 4 steps into my basement through double doors. gonna be a tight fit precise fit.. but doable.

I appreciate anyone's insight.. pictures to follow...
tank dim's correct? questioning compared to posted stand dims.

Maxout
OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
tank dim's correct? questioning compared to posted stand dims.

yes, the tank will be 120" L x 60" W x 48" H and the stand will be 120" L x 60 "W X 24" H.. so overall

120" L x 60W x 72"H.. here is a PVC mock up of the combined dimensions. But this to see how all the angles worked bringing it into the basement door. I have a walk-up basement, only 4 steps but enough to be a PIA... it fits buts gonna be tight...

1627605418015.jpeg

1627605474114.jpeg

OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can they be built on site? The stand for sure, but even the tank might be a good idea (unless already built).
Ideally we were going to try and bring them in together.. but we could do it individually... they are already built.

IS RTN/STN MORE COMMON THAN IT USED TO BE?

• Yes! I (and/or my friends) have experienced it more than it used happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I think it's about the same.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No. It's actually less common than it used to be.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I've never experienced RTN/STN.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • What's RTN/STN?

Votes: 7 33.3%
Buckeye