Ne Install Help in Southeast MI

NoviReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well its almost time for my dream to finally come to reality. I am anticipating the arrival of my tank here in southeast MI. The Tank is @ 120" x 60" x 48" and the stand is 120" x 60" x 24" . I m looking for a recommendation ( and hire) for movers/riggers to help with the move. the thought is to crane ( have that figured out) the tank over my home into my back yard ( placed directly in front of the door to it will go through). it will need to go down 4 steps into my basement through double doors. gonna be a tight fit precise fit.. but doable.

I appreciate anyone's insight.. pictures to follow...

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

sp1187

The Great Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well its almost time for my dream to finally come to reality. I am anticipating the arrival of my tank here in southeast MI. The Tank is @ 120" x 60" x 48" and the stand is 120" x 60" x 24" . I m looking for a recommendation ( and hire) for movers/riggers to help with the move. the thought is to crane ( have that figured out) the tank over my home into my back yard ( placed directly in front of the door to it will go through). it will need to go down 4 steps into my basement through double doors. gonna be a tight fit precise fit.. but doable.

I appreciate anyone's insight.. pictures to follow...
tank dim's correct? questioning compared to posted stand dims.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
tank dim's correct? questioning compared to posted stand dims.

yes, the tank will be 120" L x 60" W x 48" H and the stand will be 120" L x 60 "W X 24" H.. so overall

120" L x 60W x 72"H.. here is a PVC mock up of the combined dimensions. But this to see how all the angles worked bringing it into the basement door. I have a walk-up basement, only 4 steps but enough to be a PIA... it fits buts gonna be tight...

1627605418015.jpeg

1627605474114.jpeg

OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can they be built on site? The stand for sure, but even the tank might be a good idea (unless already built).
Ideally we were going to try and bring them in together.. but we could do it individually... they are already built.

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 180 41.8%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 188 43.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.2%
Battlecorals