Need a little help with this tang fin ID!!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So it appears something came up on my sailfin tangs under side right at the fin. Not sure if it’s a bacterial infection/fin rot. It keeps rubbing that part right up against rocks but nothing else. No I do not think it’s ich. All my other fish are doing perfectly fine and that have all been with me a year plus.

Currently on third day of food mixed with focus and metroplex and running carbon.

Not sure if some else sees something that I don’t? And or if I should keep proceeding with what I’m doing?

Thank you all! Pictures are with an iPhone.

BC849E05-4D73-43AE-9123-1A0195D850A4.jpeg
0C3E73C3-C660-488F-9E11-2335A459248B.jpeg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look at all like ich, nor velvet, or even "black ich" turbellarian worms.

The only thing that comes to my mind is a possible injury of some sort, which might open a pathway for bacterial infection ... but that's not at all a for-sure thing. If bacteria do become involved, they'd need to be treated in a QT, rather than in the display.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look at all like ich, nor velvet, or even "black ich" turbellarian worms.

The only thing that comes to my mind is a possible injury of some sort, which might open a pathway for bacterial infection ... but that's not at all a for-sure thing. If bacteria do become involved, they'd need to be treated in a QT, rather than in the display.

~Bruce

Thank you! It seems like today there some flat white/clear thing hanging off of it. Not sure if it was flukes of some sort. But thanks anyways.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back