Need a visual from your IM 40 Nuvo AIO with Tunze 9004 skimmer

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use a hand, I am assembling a IM40 Nuvo AIO with a Tunze 9004 skimmer and I would like to see how far above the tank sides the skim container sits when it in operation. I see the waterline marked on the skimmer but I have no water in my tank yet so its hard to judge.
I want to see if I can drill the skim cup to run a line down to a jug for vacations or extended periods like a week or so. I see Tunze sells a vacation skim cup for one of their nano skimmers but I am unsure if it would sit high enough to clear the tank walls and have a downhill run to another container.
Could ya help a fella out and give me a shot of where yours sits in operation on the IM40 AIO?
A shot right level with the top of the glass would be great.
Also a question if I need to raise the skimmer up, could I convert to the DC pump motor and just boost the motor speed to get good skim at a little higher level like say a 1/4" or 1/2" higher mounting to get the dump line over the tank wall?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question but I can bump the thread for you to see if anyone can help out

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back