Need advice for bayer dip

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

It’s been almost two years it feels like since if purchased new coral, but tomorrow is the big day for delivery and I was trying to refresh my memory on what to do really.

I have 9 frags coming in from California and was planning on using a bayer dip ( still had my big bottle from last dipping session). I was going to do them somewhat individually within little disposable plastic cups rather than a large collection in a 5 gallon bucket.. can’t find my dipping pump :/

I was thinking it would go a little like this

Float the bags in my sump for 15-20 mins to get temp closer

Open all frags into 5 gallon bucket and drip acclimate for a little bit

Fill 3 cups for each frag. All with tank water

First cup would be for the frag plus some bayer, next would be for a rinse and then the final would be another rinse before putting them into my tank.

Now the next question I was going to ask would be how much bayer for the little cup? They seem like the plastic rocks glasses that probabaly hold around 8 oz of water if not maybe more.

Thanks!

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always use small plastic containers to dip all of my coral at once. I pour bayern until the water gets a milky color. After that dip I have more 4 more containers to remove any bayer before any frags go into tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back