Need advice, vacation for one week how to feed chelmon rostratus?

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My chelmon rostratus eating just all type of frozen food, I am going on vacation for 6 days, will be auto feeder just for pellets, will he find something to eat and not to die before I come back? :D any ideas making auto frozen feeder? Tank size 200gal, there are some amphipods and copepods. WIll he survive?

Sumo Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH I go on vacation for 3-5 days and never feed the fish. They survive.

With a 6 day vacay, you should be fine with pellets. HE GON LEARN.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My chelmon rostratus eating just all type of frozen food, I am going on vacation for 6 days, will be auto feeder just for pellets, will he find something to eat and not to die before I come back? :D any ideas making auto frozen feeder? Tank size 200gal, there are some amphipods and copepods. WIll he survive?
How long have you had the fish?
Is the fish really full bodied?
Sometimes, chelmon get pretty thin, those fish may not survive a week with no food.
Your best option would be to have somebody come in mid vacation to feed the fish, check on the tank, etc.
Jay

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is really fat then a week is fine. Fat ones can go a longgg time without food but fat copperbands are not the norm unless you had the fish a year or so and feed it really well.

If it has a pinched head or thin in any way, someone should come feed it.

OP
OP
M

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the fish?
Is the fish really full bodied?
Sometimes, chelmon get pretty thin, those fish may not survive a week with no food.
Your best option would be to have somebody come in mid vacation to feed the fish, check on the tank, etc.
Jay
I have it about 4months he is eating frozen like a pig, all day long eating something from rock and hunting. I think I will try to feed more until vacation, and also take out from refugium some cheato and shake a little bit at late night to give more amphipods and others thing into DT to get more food for him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back