Need advice... XR15 pro vs blue with Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help figuring out my lighting situation. I already bought an Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture cause I wanted LEDS and T5s. I do not know if I should get the XR15 blues and pros. Then as a result of which one I decide on, which T5 Bulbs to get to compliment the LEDS. My goal is a mixed reef but with a lot of SPS up top as well. Please help lol

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I would recommend the pro because if you want whiter look it's easier to get, BUT since you are going hybrid I would suggest the blue, and then use purple plus or something similar to 14k or 10k bulbs to fill in with "white" light

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I would recommend the pro because if you want whiter look it's easier to get, BUT since you are going hybrid I would suggest the blue, and then use purple plus or something similar to 14k or 10k bulbs to fill in with "white" light
Yeah, I am still trying to figure out if I want more blue or more white.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pros offer way more versatility and I'm not talking about always adjusting things. You can have your ultra blue dusk/Dawn but also get a nice crisp daylight as well

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x G5 pros with the aquatic life first I had 1 aqua special 1 purple plus and 2 blue plus in my aquatic life this was to white so I now run the g5’s on ab+ with 3x blue plus and one purple plus

George81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the same thing and got pros. I find it’s blue. I’m happy I didn’t go with the blues For that reason. But if you plan on only running the ab+ go with the blue. They are designed to run ab+ so you turn all channels up to 100 and adjust your intensity. As a result it puts out more par than the pros.
part of me wishes I knew that before I purchased the pros...however You really can’t go wrong with either fixture. They have grown on me. I’ve had them for 2 days and the colouration is definitely better. The tank looks much nicer.
I had to build a hood because light spill in the room was way too much for me to tolerate.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just went through the same thing and got pros. I find it’s blue. I’m happy I didn’t go with the blues For that reason. But if you plan on only running the ab+ go with the blue. They are designed to run ab+ so you turn all channels up to 100 and adjust your intensity. As a result it puts out more par than the pros.
part of me wishes I knew that before I purchased the pros...however You really can’t go wrong with either fixture. They have grown on me. I’ve had them for 2 days and the colouration is definitely better. The tank looks much nicer.
I had to build a hood because light spill in the room was way too much for me to tolerate.
The AB+ from the Blues is nothing like the AB+ from any other Radion. I had the G5 Blue right next to my G4 Pro and it was clearly different. Ecotech screwed up the AB+ on the Blues big time

George81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im coming from viparspectra. So I don’t know what old ab+ looks like. I’m running ab+ with brs settings of 50% cool white and the tank is still blue. I’m gonna guess somewhere around the 18k kelvin area. What’s different about the two?
The AB+ from the Blues is nothing like the AB+ from any other Radion. I had the G5 Blue right next to my G4 Pro and it was clearly different. Ecotech screwed up the AB+ on the Blues big time

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im coming from viparspectra. So I don’t know what old ab+ looks like. I’m running ab+ with brs settings of 50% cool white and the tank is still blue. I’m gonna guess somewhere around the 18k kelvin area. What’s different about the two?
The AB+ on the new Blue version is super blue. There just aren't enough white LEDs to get back to the actual AB+ that we've all been running for years

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys. Because I am going hybrid, I ended up going with x4 pros. I will probably buy all blue + T5 bulbs. This sound like a good idea for the bulbs with me xr15 pro purchase?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%

Back