Need Advice

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what I am battling against I have used CP, copper power , praziquantel powder (4x) and copper safe. What ever it is seems like they get bumps on them not ick or fluke really weird had a so called fish expert from around here look at them and he has no idea what it is. My question what antibiotic medication can I put into there food that might do the trick have nothing to loose since I have spent almost 1 year battling this,, When I used above medication it seemed to goo away for about a month then return, not all my fish just a hand full. I can't take them out of the display tank since its 12Feet long 600 gallons and the fish are over 12" some of them so I can't remove them and place them in quarantine them don't have the facilities for it.
So I was thinking of adding meds in the food can anyone advise meds for this, Thanks

59164730219__28DC9791-F0B9-46FB-A380-982963223E54.jpeg JPEG image-BBB8EDE87DA3-1.jpeg JPEG image-A70FA3673D56-3.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what I am battling against I have used CP, copper power , praziquantel powder (4x) and copper safe. What ever it is seems like they get bumps on them not ick or fluke really weird had a so called fish expert from around here look at them and he has no idea what it is. My question what antibiotic medication can I put into there food that might do the trick have nothing to loose since I have spent almost 1 year battling this,, When I used above medication it seemed to goo away for about a month then return, not all my fish just a hand full. I can't take them out of the display tank since its 12Feet long 600 gallons and the fish are over 12" some of them so I can't remove them and place them in quarantine them don't have the facilities for it.
So I was thinking of adding meds in the food can anyone advise meds for this, Thanks

59164730219__28DC9791-F0B9-46FB-A380-982963223E54.jpeg JPEG image-BBB8EDE87DA3-1.jpeg JPEG image-A70FA3673D56-3.jpeg

Can you photograph them in white light? I can't really see the lesions clearly. Focus mixed with Kanaplex would be one option, that is, if this is even a bacterial issue. Is just the batfish affected? Some of what I think I see are abrasions, from whacking into the rocks or tank sides, he is a big boy!

Jay

OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you photograph them in white light? I can't really see the lesions clearly. Focus mixed with Kanaplex would be one option, that is, if this is even a bacterial issue. Is just the batfish affected? Some of what I think I see are abrasions, from whacking into the rocks or tank sides, he is a big boy!

Jay
I have a orange tang rubs all the time but no signs of anything on body then a pink tail trigger with whit on eye lids comes and goes and emperor who jerks his head some times again this tank been treated for the last 6 months really non stop with month apart with the stuff comes back ill try get a better pic I appreciate any help just ordered Metroplex and Focus. IMG_1129.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1134.mov
    4.7 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you given that trigger a FW diagnostic dip? That eye sure looks like Neobenedenia, and batfish are huge carriers for that disease. Prazi won’t cure it, just knocks it back a bit at best.
Jay

OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you given that trigger a FW diagnostic dip? That eye sure looks like Neobenedenia, and batfish are huge carriers for that disease. Prazi won’t cure it, just knocks it back a bit at best.
Jay
how long should ro dip be for trigger

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back