Need advise? compounding issues mistakes calcium drop and overdose popox

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need advise? so to start out I came back from vacation and realized my calcium did not dose for about 2 weeks and calcium dropped to 311ppm at same time I realized I started overdosing nopox for the last 9 days. I read instructions wrong and was dosing 10ml a day instead of recommended a week. now that seem to throw levels out of whack. I immediately cranked up calcium dosing over 2 days and seem to go to 489 but now dropped to 400 in last 2 days. I understand the 489 may have been over since i did it immediately after dosing and may have picked up a strong part of water. anyhow,
parameters before all issues were
cal 450ppm
alk 8.9
phos .3ppm
nitrate 70ppm

immediately after correction to calcium
cal 489

after realizing overdose of nopox for 9 days
cal 400
alk 8.0
phos .045
nitrate about 25ppm

I dont understand the alk drop and somewhat the calc drop
and not sure if I worry about the phos and nitrate since they did not bottom out. I stopped the nopox but not sure if I should continue at a lower dose? or wait?

should I bring alk and calcium back up immediately or wait and see where it stabilizes

the few corals have not been happy the last couple weeks even looks like my monti cap as lost a lot of its polyps still color there but don't see the polyps and my green slimer has burnt tips that now has algae on it but only at the very tips I plan on just leaving him alone

any thought? btw all test kits are either hanna or red seafiert for nitrate

thank you
nitratecalced be was ove

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what your calcium dosing chemical is, the swing in alkalinity is maybe the issue your sps are not happy

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what your calcium dosing chemical is, the swing in alkalinity is maybe the issue your sps are not happy
I use the BRS calcium chloride dosing on dosing pump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back