Need advise on a jbj 45 I just set up

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R family I posted a question on aquas cape thread today. Just need your pro advise if I should do an sps or anemone tank with my Red Sea theme. If you guys have a chance swing over to aquascape thread I posted take a look at question and pic I posted of JBJ 45.
Thanks,

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
-d

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 20

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I'll take a look!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R family I posted a question on aquas cape thread today. Just need your pro advise if I should do an sps or anemone tank with my Red Sea theme. If you guys have a chance swing over to aquascape thread I posted take a look at question and pic I posted of JBJ 45.
Thanks,
Welcome!

+1 vote anemones... personal preference question.... (notice my pic by icon, those are anemones in right 1/3 of tank)... but then I'd get another tank and do SPS... and then I'd do another tank and do.... (you get idea, hard to limit!) ... or get a bigger tank and do both (carefully & with luck anemones stay put... )

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks,
I would go with a softie/LPS as your lighting and flow requirements may be somewhat limited although not impossible. Here is what I did a few years ago with a 28g bowfront

dropoff2.jpg
drop off1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Red Sea Prophet

Red Sea Prophet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, personnally I like anemones more, but I guess our opinions shouldn't matter much, in the end it is your tank which do you wanna see/like more.
Yeah I wanted to do a clown harem but tank wayyyyy to small. I have some experience with anemones so I might go that route. I was thinking x6 green acid wash bta from infinity reefs.com the 2 Red Sea clownfish and a small group of threadfin cardinals but I heard the Red Sea clowns get a bit large and the cardinals are not good shippers. The only reason I had said sps was because tank is bare bottom as you can see in pic I posted plus it looks that a lot of flow with the jebao wave makers I have plus the stock pumps. I do like the motion of the anemones but the overall aesthetics of a sps tank. While it finishes cycling I guess think some more......

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back