Need clarity: newer Mp40qd guards don’t fit well and wet sides tend to drop off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using mp10/40 for years and noticed my newer mp40qd guards are loose and don’t fit as snugly as before and actually vibrates off! Secondly the wet sides them selves fall off using just rubber spacer on 1/2” (12mm) glass.

Many others have reported these observations on R2R and wondering what the work around / fixes are?

TIA

PS i own two mq10qd and two mp40qd

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This oring, being either worn or out of place, should fix the loose wetside cage guard issue.

The rotating can be fixed by removing any biofilm from the glass prior to installation of the wetside.
Sometimes mine rotates and i put pressure onto the wetside and move it side to side about a cm or 2 until i feel more friction against the glass.

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This oring, being either worn or out of place, should fix the loose wetside cage guard issue.

The rotating can be fixed by removing any biofilm from the glass prior to installation of the wetside.
Sometimes mine rotates and i put pressure onto the wetside and move it side to side about a cm or 2 until i feel more friction against the glass

Thanks for feedback but worn o-ring on a new mp40qd? I get biofilm and honestly I have to move the wet side around several times at low dry side speed before the two halves sink.

There is something else going on with these new units that wasn’t a problem with older QD pumps....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back