need help asap: rodi 6-stage system without pressure to dual membrane/ booster pump

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an identical set up. Less no flush system. I threw out the mechanical autoshut off and had much better luck with an electric shut off and a pressure switch with a float on my ATO res.

OP
OP
Macntos Reefs

Macntos Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you all very much for the input. i’m re reading most of them as i’m not fully versed with ro/di much less the waterflow in this system (first ro/di unit). but i truly appreciate it. i’ll try to post the current line setup.

brs “recommends” the booster be on the pre-filter (carbon/sediment) side while most others i’ve read say post-sediment filter but pre membrane which is what i had originally. i’ll reconfigure it once i get more clarifications from you guys and others, after i take more in-line photos.

i apologize if i’ve been laxed in reading & responding… “life, is what’s happening.” lol

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thank you all very much for the input. i’m re reading most of them as i’m not fully versed with ro/di much less the waterflow in this system (first ro/di unit). but i truly appreciate it. i’ll try to post the current line setup.

brs “recommends” the booster be on the pre-filter (carbon/sediment) side while most others i’ve read say post-sediment filter but pre membrane which is what i had originally. i’ll reconfigure it once i get more clarifications from you guys and others, after i take more in-line photos.

i apologize if i’ve been laxed in reading & responding… “life, is what’s happening.” lol
I'm not sure why they would recommend that, but it's completely unnecessary to apply that much pressure to those filters and it's best to avoid it if possible. Also, you get the added benefit of protecting the booster pump from sediment and particles, which can cause damage to the pump itself. The whole idea/purpose of having a booster pump, is to apply the necessary pressure to the membranes and make them as efficient as possible and to reduce waste water. If you have the booster pump, then I would just buy the auto flush valve and you'll probably find that the whole system will run more efficiently and without intervention on your part to manually flush the membranes. You just have to match the flush valve to your membranes GPD. Auto Flush

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back