Need Help ASAP with Fish I just got.

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received a order from Live Auaria of a Royal Gramma Basslet. When I opened the package the fish was straight up in the air. I did my acclimation process with it in hopes maybe that it just had a rough shipping and with a little TLC it would be ok. I placed it in a make shift hospital tank to observer it some more. I notice that it keeps floating up every once in a while and turning on its back. Ill drip some water into the tank and it will start moving again. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes that I could use to help this little guy out so he can make it. Thanks in advance.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received a order from Live Auaria of a Royal Gramma Basslet. When I opened the package the fish was straight up in the air. I did my acclimation process with it in hopes maybe that it just had a rough shipping and with a little TLC it would be ok. I placed it in a make shift hospital tank to observer it some more. I notice that it keeps floating up every once in a while and turning on its back. Ill drip some water into the tank and it will start moving again. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes that I could use to help this little guy out so he can make it. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean "straight up in the air"? Was it out of the water?

You should contact Live Aquaria to let them know of the issue. Now that the fish is acclimated, you can't really do anything else except keep it in dim light and hope it recovers.

Jay

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You should contact Live Aquaria to let them know of the issue. Now that the fish is acclimated, you can't really do anything else except keep it in dim light and hope it recovers.

Jay
Contact them ASAP. Within their DOA window for sure. Secondly sounds like he lost his ‘balance’ in shipping. I’ve had many wrasse for this when I used to buy from them but they would recover over time. I’d look for illness or body damage and let him take his time

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact them ASAP. Within their DOA window for sure. Secondly sounds like he lost his ‘balance’ in shipping. I’ve had many wrasse for this when I used to buy from them but they would recover over time. I’d look for illness or body damage and let him take his time
I have already contacted them about it. He is still alive but struggling. I am assuming it will be dead by the am.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
I have contacted them. It was not out of the water. But its head was facing perfectly straight up and wasn't moving much.
Any tricks you used to help them get their balance back. Has no signs of visible damage or disease.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have contacted them. It was not out of the water. But its head was facing perfectly straight up and wasn't moving much.

Any tricks you used to help them get their balance back. Has no signs of visible damage or disease.
I don’t think there are any trucks I’d turn off or minimize flow if possible, some so the water stays temperature stable but as little as possible.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back