Need help choosing a budget option for a dosing pump

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the jeboa 4 head wifi...i founf it super easy to setup and the app is quite intuative to use. It is a little noisey when i runs , I have nothing to compare it to, ut it is only for a second or 2. the only suggestion i would make is to but a 2.4ghz router and plug that into your main router. its will make your setup so much easier, I dont know why they only do 2.4 but the maxspect lights are the same.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jebao is accurate enough?? I’m highly considering the kamoer x1 pro2 because the whole remembers programming if there’s a power outage thing and I feel like since I’m dosing kalk to such a small system I should probably jus go ahead and buy the higher quality kamoer so there’s less of a chance of malfunctions
i just recal my jebao after 3 weeks of use and the timings were the same, so i would consider it quit accurate. the settings afaik are on the cloud so when power drops they arnt lost. the price point is a winner also

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the kamoer x1 pumps and for a budget pump they’re hard to beat. I also have six of the bubble magus ts1 pumps and they’re incredibly easy to program. The kamoer has way more control than the bubble magus. The only thing you can set on the bubble magus is how many ml to dose in a day. The kamoer allows for setting container volumes and you can set certain amounts to dose at certain times of the day.
Of the two I would pick the kamoer everytime.
I’ve never used any of the Jebao dosing pumps to compare.
I use a kamoer for ATO kalk
works great only issue is it’s controlled by bluetooth only.

OP
OP
J

jweese151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk what your looking at but the x1 is better :squinting-face-with-tongue: The Bluetooth version. Just sucks if you loose power you have to reconnect to the app. Not a fan.

The wifi one is the one that sucks according to reviews. 4x pros cost $400 I would rather have a red sea reefer doser.
You clearly didn’t look up the doser I’m talkin about the x1 pro2 has drastically better reviews and is Wi-Fi and cost like $30 more so idk what the heck ur lookin at u must be lookin at their multihead dosers or sl
thi g the x1 pro 2 is jus under $100 on multiple diff sites including Amazon and it doesn’t have the power outage issue if it has a temporary outage it jus picks up where it left off which is why im leaning heavily towards it it’s the x1 but way better for a lil more money and doesn’t have nearly as many issues as the original x1 u can read the reviews jus on Amazon and brs and come away with the same conclusion trust me I’ve spent hrs doing so myself

OP
OP
J

jweese151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just recal my jebao after 3 weeks of use and the timings were the same, so i would consider it quit accurate. the settings afaik are on the cloud so when power drops they arnt lost. the price point is a winner also

I use a kamoer for ATO kalk
works great only issue is it’s controlled by bluetooth only.
Not the same kamoer they’re very different I’m talking about the x1 pro2 not the x1 the pro2 is Wi-Fi… as far as the jebao it’s not the time settings that determine the accuracy of the pump it’s whether or not it doses exactly what it’s supposed to no more nor less and does so consistently and doesn’t need to be constantly recalibrated which is one of the common complaints for any of the jebaos, and the jebao 3.4 I believe loses connection if there’s a power outage and has to be reconnected again and I could be wrong but I think that means u have to be present to do so idk I’ve read too much about too many dang pumps I’m sure I’m mixing things up I’m not 100% on the jebao losin it’s timing if there’s an outage and starts over at 00:00 instead of where it was before the power went out I know for sure that the x1 pro2 doesn’t do this it picks up right where it left off therefore won’t cause the doser to either over dose or under dose bc of the clock starting over say I have mine programmed to dose only at night power goes out after it’s jus dosed all night and then it starts over and doses the same amount again doubling the dose not likely to happen but I don’t feel like taking the chance bc there’s a lot of time money and effort that will be depending upon the pump to keep the corals happy they don’t do to well if ur dosing a lot of kalk and then u stop and do nothing my alk drops by 1.5-2dkh per day and my ph drops .3 in one day so ot can get ugly quickly if I don’t get things set up Jus right and I feel like if ur getting a quarter as many dosing heads but ur paying more that one pump will be much higher quality than the 4 heads of the other pump are individually which Is more what I’m lookin for I don’t wanna try n cut corners so to speak on something this vital I wish I could buy a hydros or dos and use them but gotta have the controller which I can’t afford this is gonna be a tough decision…. I almost wanna jus wait u jus til the new jebao md4.4 mOdell is available on Amazon seems to be a much improved version of the 3.4 I wanna wait to buy it off Amazon bc they offer that 3yr protection plan for an additional $8 which is huge to me especially if I end up getting a jebao they’re well known to usually on average only last 6-12montjs before failing would get new parts or new pump if it goes bad within 3yrs

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
um we lose power all the time here, albeit only for an hour or two. the doser doesnt need to be reset and it reconnects fine. As far as the timings for the cal, I fill a 50 ml beaker and this is how it sets the known quantity. the first cal i did and now the second the time intervals were almost identical ergo accurancy is fine. it is does goes haywire and kill everything well itts back to the lfs and restock

pendulum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for cheap, amazon dosing pump and motor $12. 12v power supply, Free to $8, digital timer $12. Time how long it takes to pump the volume you want and punch it into the timer. Cheap, and done.

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to start I’m what would be considered poor compared to the rest of the hobby and have a very limited budget. I’ve came to the point where my tank needs quite a bit of stuff dosed to it daily and it’s hard to get it consistent and keep up with the consumption and I wanna get a dosing pump to automate dosing kalk throughout the night. But really my main reason I wanna get a quality dosing pump is so that I can go visit family for the holidays and not have to worry about comin home to a nuked tank. I don’t need anything special jus something affordable and is reliable which I know is a lot to ask of a budget dosing pump. But I believe there’s a few possible options that are affordable but trustworthy. That’s my main thing I’m worried about is getting a pump that is reliable and accurate because it’s going on a 28gal nano and I’m only needing to dose about 160-180mls of kalkwasser saturated water so I would rather pay more for a single pump that meets those requirements than I would buy a multi head budget one that can’t be trusted bc it could easily nuke my tank if it fails. Right now there’s quite a few I’m juggling around but the main ones are the kamoer x1 or x1 pro 2, a jebao dp4 or 3.4/4.4 the bubble magnus ts1 but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!!
I have run the Jebao 4 head version for three years and it's worked okay and is the most affordable option I could find. It is not the wifi version, I just set it from the box. I will say now that my tank is mature and dosing is high each channel needs independent tuning in my case. Even with the calibration done it gets really out of sync. I have clear reservoirs so I just make small changes to ensure they are in sync that way. It's one of those things that you set and leave for long periods of time so really it hasn't been an issue, just have to watch it.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You clearly didn’t look up the doser I’m talkin about the x1 pro2 has drastically better reviews and is Wi-Fi and cost like $30 more so idk what the heck ur lookin at u must be lookin at their multihead dosers or sl
thi g the x1 pro 2 is jus under $100 on multiple diff sites including Amazon and it doesn’t have the power outage issue if it has a temporary outage it jus picks up where it left off which is why im leaning heavily towards it it’s the x1 but way better for a lil more money and doesn’t have nearly as many issues as the original x1 u can read the reviews jus on Amazon and brs and come away with the same conclusion trust me I’ve spent hrs doing so myself
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/x1-pro-wifi-dosing-pump-kamoer/

This one?

The kamoer are known to have connection issues and if you loose power you have to reconnect. Main reason why i didn’t get one.

You obviously have yourself talked into it so get it and post a review. :cool:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back