Need help choosing a RODI system

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be putting a 125 gallon tank in our office soon. I'd prefer to produce my own saltwater instead of having to go to the local fish store every time I need water change or top off water. The BRS RODI systems look good; and a bonus is that Ryan from BRS has personally replied to my questions on the BRS facebook page. Which shows me their level of customer service is good. But, I've been hearing good things about other brands too.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with the BRS brand systems? Care to recommend another brand? I'd prefer not to break the bank. Thanks.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My LFS carries the BRS brand and it is a very good unit per LFS. I personally have AquaFX and it’s a great unit as well. At the end of the day they both accomplish the same thing just different color and price!!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a couple of Amazon units, then bought brs 4 stage value model, which includes tds meter switchable from in to out. And flushing switch.
Brs wants to keep its customers happy.
Very happy with it.

Chance Turner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 75 gallon RODI system and couldn’t be happier. Installation was a breeze and produces excellent water. Mine produces about 3 gallons per hour which works for me and my tank size. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the BRS system.

abbypoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS 7 stage and I am very happy with it. Their filter media and carbon is top notch. If for whatever reason you didn't want to go with BRS, then Spectrapure would be my choice. They are used by a lot of aquariums and professional institutions.

If your water is horrible, BRS sells add-ons. I personally have a BRS Chloramines monster and a larger pre-filter that run before the 7-stage. I also split mine out before the DI and have a line running to a pressure tank for my family to drink and it's awesome.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is an aquafx barracuda that I added a tds meter to and I've been extremely happy with it. Ultimately they are all basically just plastic tubes that hold filters so I doubt you'll see too much of a difference no matter which brand you get if they have the same number of stages.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We will be putting a 125 gallon tank in our office soon. I'd prefer to produce my own saltwater instead of having to go to the local fish store every time I need water change or top off water. The BRS RODI systems look good; and a bonus is that Ryan from BRS has personally replied to my questions on the BRS facebook page. Which shows me their level of customer service is good. But, I've been hearing good things about other brands too.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with the BRS brand systems? Care to recommend another brand? I'd prefer not to break the bank. Thanks.
Brs 7 stage 200gpd

I love it I also have the booster pump on it. Protect yourself and corals it’s not worth a bad or cheap rodi. TDS is a killer

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back