Need help deciding on whether or not a fish is right for your tank? Post here and we'll help!

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with keeping very small gobies with Halichoeres wrasses, fairy wrasses, or Clownfish? I'm thinking about adding some small gobies to my tank but they are so small I'm worried about them becoming snacks. The gobies I was thinking about are rainsford, Sharknose, and green banded gobies. I have 2 cinnamon Clownfish, 2 jawfish, a small crescent tail fairy, a fully grown hooded fairy, and an Earmuff wrasse that's about the same size as the hooded. Any thoughts?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with keeping very small gobies with Halichoeres wrasses, fairy wrasses, or Clownfish? I'm thinking about adding some small gobies to my tank but they are so small I'm worried about them becoming snacks. The gobies I was thinking about are rainsford, Sharknose, and green banded gobies. I have 2 cinnamon Clownfish, 2 jawfish, a small crescent tail fairy, a fully grown hooded fairy, and an Earmuff wrasse that's about the same size as the hooded. Any thoughts?
Those guys will be fine together.

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Have the fluval evo 13.5 and currently have two clown fish in there. Was wondering what else I can put in here. Would like a goby is possible.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about:
Hi Fin Red Banded Goby or Yasha with shrimp or pair Neon Blue Gobys?

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in my 120 will move over to my 180 . . .
Fox Face
Sailfin
Scooter
FlameHawk
2 Clowns

For the 180 I could use some advice on the order to get these. Getting ready to get fish to start QT with while the tank is cycling
Powder Blue Tang
Goby or Blenny of some sort - (Starry Blenny, Midas, Dragon or 2 spot) - suggestions?
McCosker, Carpenter along with some other kind of wrasse - suggestions?
Anthias - what kind? Probably 5 . . .(suggestions on type and amount)
Cleaner Wrasse??
Purple Fire Fish
Dwarf Flame Angel
Mandarin
Pair of Cardinals
Pair of bluethroat Triggers (kind of wanted this to be my "showfish" but I know they are shy. Up for suggestions of something else that might be a show stopper (although I know the blue tang will be gorgeous). I do love triggers though - - niger??
School of very small fish like damsels - but something not so mean - HEHE

I think this will give me a variety of swimmers at the bottom of the tank, top of the tank and middle. I am up for suggestions if there is something similar to one of these with maybe a more "unique" look. And would this be too many fish? If so, what would you eliminate?
Thanks for whoever decides to give input! :)

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a court jester goby in today [emoji7]

a36be288e72f7b7c223b154678c2bfa0.heic

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my set is:

75gal
Two sumps
•One 20gal
•One 10gal
Mixed reef
Looking to do a passive tank

Ocellaris clown fish
Royal Gramma
Yellow prawn goby and snapping shrimp pair
Blue reef chromis
Ember blenny
Firer fish exquisite
Ochrestriped crainalfish
Flasher Wrasse McCosker's

Was trying to find more of a medium size fish to replace one or two of the others. Something reef safe like dwarf angelfish size.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any species that come to mind that could go in my tank?
Clown goby species, trimma and eviota gobies, a small watchman species, Elacatinus species.
Currently in my 120 will move over to my 180 . . .
Fox Face
Sailfin
Scooter
FlameHawk
2 Clowns

For the 180 I could use some advice on the order to get these. Getting ready to get fish to start QT with while the tank is cycling
Powder Blue Tang
Goby or Blenny of some sort - (Starry Blenny, Midas, Dragon or 2 spot) - suggestions?
McCosker, Carpenter along with some other kind of wrasse - suggestions?
Anthias - what kind? Probably 5 . . .(suggestions on type and amount)
Cleaner Wrasse??
Purple Fire Fish
Dwarf Flame Angel
Mandarin
Pair of Cardinals
Pair of bluethroat Triggers (kind of wanted this to be my "showfish" but I know they are shy. Up for suggestions of something else that might be a show stopper (although I know the blue tang will be gorgeous). I do love triggers though - - niger??
School of very small fish like damsels - but something not so mean - HEHE

I think this will give me a variety of swimmers at the bottom of the tank, top of the tank and middle. I am up for suggestions if there is something similar to one of these with maybe a more "unique" look. And would this be too many fish? If so, what would you eliminate?
Thanks for whoever decides to give input! :)
Any of the flasher and most of the fairy wrasse species vwould be a good fit for the mckosker and carpenter wrasses.

A group of 5+ dispar or Randall anthias are among my favorites. These species are more social in aquaria than some of the other more common species, but are still relatively hardy.

Any of the blennies listed will work.

Azure and springeri damsels are pretty peaceful for damsels.

Add the firefish early and the damsels and tang last. The rest of the order doesn't matter much.
Ok so my set is:

75gal
Two sumps
•One 20gal
•One 10gal
Mixed reef
Looking to do a passive tank

Ocellaris clown fish
Royal Gramma
Yellow prawn goby and snapping shrimp pair
Blue reef chromis
Ember blenny
Firer fish exquisite
Ochrestriped crainalfish
Flasher Wrasse McCosker's

Was trying to find more of a medium size fish to replace one or two of the others. Something reef safe like dwarf angelfish size.
Purple tilefish, blackcap basslet, borbonius anthias, grammistes blenny, chalk or tobacco basslet, melanurus or yellow coris wrasse are a few options.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I currently have a 85 gallon tank (48x24x17)
I want to add a leopard wrasse in with my current fish
I have a 1" sand bed and plan to culture pods to add to the tank.

I currently have:
Yellow Tang
One Spot Foxface
2 Oscellaris
Springeri Damsel (who is the most peaceful fish)
Six Line Wrasse (Also very peaceful)

Will there be an issue adding a leopard wrasse in with my current stocking list?

Thanks

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I currently have a 85 gallon tank (48x24x17)
I want to add a leopard wrasse in with my current fish
I have a 1" sand bed and plan to culture pods to add to the tank.

I currently have:
Yellow Tang
One Spot Foxface
2 Oscellaris
Springeri Damsel (who is the most peaceful fish)
Six Line Wrasse (Also very peaceful)

Will there be an issue adding a leopard wrasse in with my current stocking list?

Thanks
Sixline wrasses have a strong dislike for other pod hunting fish, and also a strong dislike toward other wrasses. Adding a leopard wrasse doubles up on the likelihood of aggression from the sixline.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back