Need help deciding on whether or not a fish is right for your tank? Post here and we'll help!

DWPhilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so few words of caution on that list.

The starki there may be aggression issues
With your existing clown. They are both in the damsel family. While are a more peaceful damsel to other fish just not conspecifics.

And the lineatus is overly active for a 3 foot tank. Look at fairy wrasses around 3” like C. isosceles.

Thanks for the feedback.

After posting that I was looking around and noticed that different sites had different size requirements for the Lineatus. Fishybusiness and a few others had 50 gallons vs. LA which shows 90. So I will definitely go with something else.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can

Cirrhilabrus solorensis
Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Paracheilinus carpenteri

Be QT together and live together in a 100gallon display? Peacefully?

Perhaps @evolved will have more insight, he has far more experience with wrasse compatibility.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at adding a Yasha Goby with Pistol Shrimp ? I currently have a Two Spot Goby in my tank. Tank Is a Red Sea Reefer 250 , 55 Gallon Display. My concern is that both are bottom dwellers and my 2 spot does a great job sifting the sand and is all over the tank.

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at adding a Yasha Goby with Pistol Shrimp ? I currently have a Two Spot Goby in my tank. Tank Is a Red Sea Reefer 250 , 55 Gallon Display. My concern is that both are bottom dwellers and my 2 spot does a great job sifting the sand and is all over the tank.

You should be fine aggression wise they are not closely related. Where trouble may lie is the borrow of the yasha and pistol shrimp constantly being reburied. Could stress the symbiosis of the pair. Keep an eye on feeding behavior with goby’s will be the first marker of stress, if not eating when food is presented.(may take a few days after adding to come out of hiding)

Senor0cean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not gonna lie I didn’t read through this entire thread it’s way too long lol I’m pretty sure my question has been answered but ima ask anyway..

So I got a damsel that was my first fish (bad idea I know) but I wanna add something else probably a chromis since it’s cheap in case my damsel doesn’t get along with its tank mate.. is this a good idea??? I really like the way the damsel looks I’d love to keep it but I’ve read everywhere it’s a devil lol I have a 24g tank

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not gonna lie I didn’t read through this entire thread it’s way too long lol I’m pretty sure my question has been answered but ima ask anyway..

So I got a damsel that was my first fish (bad idea I know) but I wanna add something else probably a chromis since it’s cheap in case my damsel doesn’t get along with its tank mate.. is this a good idea??? I really like the way the damsel looks I’d love to keep it but I’ve read everywhere it’s a devil lol I have a 24g tank

What species of damsel? Some are more semi aggressive towards intruders and allow a bottom dweller, others may claim the entire an entire 24 gallon as their own and harass any fish you add.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellowtail

Yellow tails and azure damsels are about the mildest you can get so that’s good!

However I would try to avoid another damsel (chromis is a damsel).

Any other fish you have an interest in?

Senor0cean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tails and azure damsels are about the mildest you can get so that’s good!

However I would try to avoid another damsel (chromis is a damsel).

Any other fish you have an interest in?

Not sure what I want to stock just yet but definitely have to get a clown for my daughter lol

If positive its C. parasema, would look towards bottom dwelling gobys. Perhaps a goby shrimp pair.

Thanks I will def keep that in mind !

TAttel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current inhabitants of 65 gal
1-Clownfish
1-Pajama Cardinal
1-Green Chromis
1-Melanarus wrasse
1-Solan fairy wrasse
1-tanaka possum wrasse
1-geometric pygmy hawk
1-court jester goby

Would like to add
1-Royal Gramma
1-Tailspot blenny
1-4 line wrasse

Thoughts? Ideally these 3 but if too many fish would lose the blenny

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current inhabitants of 65 gal
1-Clownfish
1-Pajama Cardinal
1-Green Chromis
1-Melanarus wrasse
1-Solan fairy wrasse
1-tanaka possum wrasse
1-geometric pygmy hawk
1-court jester goby

Would like to add
1-Royal Gramma
1-Tailspot blenny
1-4 line wrasse

Thoughts? Ideally these 3 but if too many fish would lose the blenny

I would recommend the gramma and tail spot blenny.

The 4 line will not mix well with your other wrasse

If you are set on another wrasse, perhaps a flasher wrasse.

TAttel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend the gramma and tail spot blenny.

The 4 line will not mix well with your other wrasse

If you are set on another wrasse, perhaps a flasher wrasse.
I like 4 line coloration better than flasher wrasse unfortunately. But I see the scenarios playing out where I maybe able to put him in last but anything else I put in after it will probably get bullied.

Side question is there anyway to keep just 1 anthia?

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like 4 line coloration better than flasher wrasse unfortunately. But I see the scenarios playing out where I maybe able to put him in last but anything else I put in after it will probably get bullied.

Side question is there anyway to keep just 1 anthia?

There are several anthias that do fine alone. Lyretail, but you are borderline for tank size. Also blotchy. There may be a few others.

Aari007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some fish stocking ideas for my tank. It is a 90 gallon and has a Male Bird Wrasse, Queen and Emperor Angel, Stoplight Parrot, and Orange Shoulder Tang. Everything is juvenile except for the Queen (Sub-Adult) and Bird Wrasse.

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some fish stocking ideas for my tank. It is a 90 gallon and has a Male Bird Wrasse, Queen and Emperor Angel, Stoplight Parrot, and Orange Shoulder Tang. Everything is juvenile except for the Queen (Sub-Adult) and Bird Wrasse.

All of the fish you have will outgrow your current tank, some faster than others. Until you upgrade would be best to not add any more fish.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back