Need help deciding what lights to get for a IM Fusion Pro 2 20

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello as the title states I need help deciding what lights to get for a IM Fusion Pro 2 20 I should add I want this to be an LPS tank. These are the two lights im trying to pick from (1, 2). I think I would need 2 of them to get proper coverage right? Thanks for the help in advance.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello as the title states I need help deciding what lights to get for a IM Fusion Pro 2 20 I should add I want this to be an LPS tank. These are the two lights im trying to pick from (1, 2). I think I would need 2 of them to get proper coverage right? Thanks for the help in advance.
I would seriously consider a Noopsyche K7 Mini. We have a US distributor now (@Zach B ), and these are exceptional lights that perform as well as an AI Prime 16HD, previously considered the Go-To for a nano tank like that. I now have a Noopsyche over an Evo 13.5g (doing great), an AI Prime 16HD over an IM 10g (also great, but 2.5x the price) and just bought another Noop to have two over a new IM 40L.

Just a bit more than the Hipergo, but you can grow anything in a 20g with that light.

*I have no conflicts of interest, i.e., no financial connection to Noopsyche other than the money I pay them for lights :~)

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would seriously consider a Noopsyche K7 Mini. We have a US distributor now (@Zach B ), and these are exceptional lights that perform as well as an AI Prime 16HD, previously considered the Go-To for a nano tank like that. I now have a Noopsyche over an Evo 13.5g (doing great), an AI Prime 16HD over an IM 10g (also great, but 2.5x the price) and just bought another Noop to have two over a new IM 40L.

Just a bit more than the Hipergo, but you can grow anything in a 20g with that light.

*I have no conflicts of interest, i.e., no financial connection to Noopsyche other than the money I pay them for lights :~)
That does look nice... Would I only need 1? (Dimensions:Length 23.16” Width: 11.38” Height: 13”)
EDIT:Just from the light research I did on this I think im gonna get this, looks really impressive. Happy I asked on here because I didnt even know it existed.

Last edited:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look nice... Would I only need 1? (Dimensions:Length 23.16” Width: 11.38” Height: 13”)
Noops says it can handle 24 x 24, but recommends 20 x 20 space. I think with 24 length, you could place your lower light LPS like blastos or favias on the sides with higher light LPS lin the middle 18-20". you could also put some dendros on the sides if you like the idea of feeding a non-photosynthetic.

Note, this light is strong, so don't put it on 100%. I'll have par measurements on the Evo soon (18x15x11.5).

I'd consider getting a shade for a tank with that width (prob for any light other than bars).

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noops says it can handle 24 x 24, but recommends 20 x 20 space. I think with 24 length, you could place your lower light LPS like blastos or favias on the sides with higher light LPS lin the middle 18-20". you could also put some dendros on the sides if you like the idea of feeding a non-photosynthetic.

Note, this light is strong, so don't put it on 100%. I'll have par measurements on the Evo soon (18x15x11.5).

I'd consider getting a shade for a tank with that width (prob for any light other than bars).

Hope that helps!
Yeah that sounds like good placement. Curious to see the part measurements!

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 k7 minis on my IM 15. Great lights. Super powerful.

My scape is tall. I love it but with one light the top was getting torched and the sides struggled. Way better now.
image.jpg

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My scape is tall. I love it but with one light the top was getting torched and the sides struggled. Way better now.
image.jpg
To be fair your tank is a little taller than mine as well

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of the K7 mini on my 15g cube tank as well and I really like it. The app isn’t great and I fought trying to get mine hooked up to wifi (eventually giving up and just using AP mode). Other than the software quirks they are amazing lights and I highly recommend them. For an almost 24” long tank I would probably get 2 though.

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of the K7 mini on my 15g cube tank as well and I really like it. The app isn’t great and I fought trying to get mine hooked up to wifi (eventually giving up and just using AP mode). Other than the software quirks they are amazing lights and I highly recommend them. For an almost 24” long tank I would probably get 2 though.
If it becomes an issue I will get another.

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope that helps!
is this the shade you are talking about?

OP
OP
L

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang according to this par test video this thing gives out some crazy amounts of light, since im doing lps I only really need a range of 50-200 depending on the species I think.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im running K7 Pro mini loving it on my IM 15

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

image.jpg
wow whats your settings? I run only one on my IM 15 and thought it was overkill

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also have that 30 watt light from Nicrew on my 3.8-gallon lifeguard. does a great job. I was thinking about moving it onto a 10g IM Fusion or just buying another K7 Mini for this tank, though.

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow whats your settings? I run only one on my IM 15 and thought it was overkill

my scape is tall. When I had 1 the top of the reef got scorched while the sides were in shadows.

Using 2 gives me much better even lighting
IMG_0060.jpeg

Reefing Qs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deciding on a light right now for my IM 15. I was looking at the Kessil A80, but seems like this may be an option as well.

Have any of you guys tried an A80 on your IM tanks?

This K7 is almost half the price of the A80 + mount, would be elated if it's viable. Do we know how the customer support and/or longevity of the lights are?

Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back