OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The situation is now worse. It seems that a couple of fish from my main display are also showing symptoms. My anthia has poo symptoms now. I am guessing from the first firefish before I was able to remove him to qt. She is also swimming around frantically trying to eat bubbles that appear. This is crazy. I don’t even know how I would be able to catch them all to treat them. I don’t even know what to treat them with. They were all on a diet of Metroplex and Focus for 10days after the first incident.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John I sent the pics to my Aquatic Veterinarian. Hopefully I get an ID by Monday evening. Are you sure they were eating the Metro? I’d switch over to praziquantel and see if there’s any changes in 2-3 days. If not, I’d start a very broad spectrum Antibiotic like Bactrim. I cannot wait to find out what these are.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you start feeding ABX mixed with focus? I would do that yesterday if not. Guessing it will help.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly something like this I’d just do a straight up injection with Metro to make sure it’s in the system at the proper level. Use a 25 gauge needle.

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John I sent the pics to my Aquatic Veterinarian. Hopefully I get an ID by Monday evening. Are you sure they were eating the Metro? I’d switch over to praziquantel and see if there’s any changes in 2-3 days. If not, I’d start a very broad spectrum Antibiotic like Bactrim. I cannot wait to find out what these are.
That is awesome I am very anxious to hear what the Vet says. All fish are definitely eating the Metro. None of my fish have shown a lack of appetite. Even the ones I lost were eating right up till the end. I am going to try to find some Prazipro locally. It will have to be tomorrow as everything is closed by now on Sunday.

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly something like this I’d just do a straight up injection with Metro to make sure it’s in the system at the proper level. Use a 25 gauge needle.
Wow! I wouldn't even know where or how to begin to do that. How the heck do you inject a fish. Also the Metro is a powder??

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it is... duh... I'm the one who is sorry. Which antibiotics should I be looking for?
No you’re doing the right thing. General Cure or Metro is the correct thing to use. Back to the drawing board for me haha!

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is stringy poop a definite for parasites? I am afraid to move the anthia to qt if she is ok for fear that qt is already infected. I don't want to get her sick if she isn't already but I want to act fast if it is for sure.

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the two I am concerned about. But if the anthia is infected, that would mean I would be concerned about all in the main display tank since she is currently in there. The firefish is in qt and has been since I purchased him a week ago. The firefish's belly seems to be indented I think but the anthia looks healthy to my untrained eye.

KRUSTYSPLACE_2018_0812-3901.jpg

KRUSTYSPLACE_2018_0812-3904.jpg

KRUSTYSPLACE_2018_0812-3922.jpg

KRUSTYSPLACE_2018_0812-3909.jpg

KRUSTYSPLACE_2018_0812-3914.jpg

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John...

Looks like maybe tomorrow he’ll get the message.

Jared,
Dr. Wilbur will need to look at these. He is out of the clinic today, but he will look at them tomorrow and get back with you.
Thank You

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John...

Looks like maybe tomorrow he’ll get the message.

Jared,
Dr. Wilbur will need to look at these. He is out of the clinic today, but he will look at them tomorrow and get back with you.
Thank You
No Problem. So awesome you sent the pics to him. What a great resource. I really appreciate it.
I haven't noticed any changes since yesterday. I'm going to stop and get some Prazipro on my way home today. I don't know what else I can do at this point. Just hoping it is not in the main display tank.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Problem. So awesome you sent the pics to him. What a great resource. I really appreciate it.
I haven't noticed any changes since yesterday. I'm going to stop and get some Prazipro on my way home today. I don't know what else I can do at this point. Just hoping it is not in the main display tank.

Well, we’ll see if he can identify it. So many parasites, protozoa, bacteria, etc.

OP
OP
John Hernandez

John Hernandez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, we’ll see if he can identify it. So many parasites, protozoa, bacteria, etc.
Wondering if your friend was ever able to take a look at those pics (I'm sure he is quite busy). Just to update. Everyone seems to be doing much better. I am hoping the Metro and Focus mix has helped solve the problem. I am not sure how long I should keep the firefish in qt now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back