Need Help Filling Cade

Arden11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about aquariums, but it's something my husband has always wanted, and while he is overseas, I purchased a Cade 1200 S2, and am attempting to set it up myself as a thank you for everything, for when he gets home. I did a bit of research and have plumbed it, and am in the process of filling it with water. This is where my total lack of knowledge comes in, I can't work out how water enters the weir so it can enter the main downflow pipe, I thought the water would fill the weir through the lower inlet to a level equal to the water level in the tank. I noticed the weir is separated from the lower and upper inlets by a glass wall; but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help in this matter would be so much appreciated.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about aquariums, but it's something my husband has always wanted, and while he is overseas, I purchased a Cade 1200 S2, and am attempting to set it up myself as a thank you for everything, for when he gets home. I did a bit of research and have plumbed it, and am in the process of filling it with water. This is where my total lack of knowledge comes in, I can't work out how water enters the weir so it can enter the main downflow pipe, I thought the water would fill the weir through the lower inlet to a level equal to the water level in the tank. I noticed the weir is separated from the lower and upper inlets by a glass wall; but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help in this matter would be so much appreciated.
Pics? Is your husband in the military?

Viet658

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is designed so that water doesn’t go down the overflow from the lower weir. You have to get the water level up to the top weir for the water to flow into the overflow. If it drained from the lower weir then your tank would almost completely drain if you ever had to change out the plumbing. This is much better.

reeftwincities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let others with more experience with Cade's chime in but just wanted to say that you probably win 'spouse of the year' award on this website. :) Good luck with the tank and safe travels to your husband!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back