Need help finding a new tank.

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I'm moving In December and I want to consolidate my 3 nano tanks into one 40-55gallon tank. I really want a rimless tank and don't want it to be too tall (probably 18"). Right now I have a 20g long , a 14g cube and a 5g nano (that's pretty much just a xenia tank). I don't need it to be a AIO as I like using a HOB filter and powerheads. Please let me know if you guys have any advice or know of any tanks like the one I'm looking for. I'm also going to be building a custom stand for it. If nobody knows of a tank like this please let me know if you know any reputable custom tank builders.

20210908_225847.jpg

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a budget? Glass Cages is great for custom tanks. Could also look at Planet Aquariums.
Budget around 1000 I have all the equipment needed I just need a glass box lol. No bulkheads or overflows just the tank itself. All I really know is I want it to be low and rimless.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget around 1000 I have all the equipment needed I just need a glass box lol. No bulkheads or overflows just the tank itself. All I really know is I want it to be low and rimless.
One thing I found with my pair of rimless “lagoon” style tanks: I lost a lot of fish to jumping. Even with a lid. My tank is around 25” now and I haven’t had a single jumper. Just something to keep in-mind (what fish lack in horizontal space they tend to make up vertically).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want the best looking rimless that is just a glass box. Then these are the guys. The edges are 45 degrees and you won’t be seeing any silicone and will be crystal clear :)

They come in many unique (and shallow) dimensions as their goal is to make tanks that look best for an aqua scape as these are the high end guys for planted fw tanks. They make superb salt tanks too though. Just not reef ready so that’s why you don’t see them often on here.

Last edited:

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out sca their pretty reasonable. I don't like the sumps but not a bad tank. Then some of the pro clear ones are also not bad. Don't think either of those are without over flows though.

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you do, avoid Custom Aquariums... I have a horror story about ordering 5 tanks from them. Most unethical company I've ever dealt with. For $1000, you are probably looking at a non-custom tank anyway, red sea, waterbox, etc. if you can just get the tank separately (note many DIY stands will void warranties). Coast to Coast is close to you in NY (I think they are in NJ), but that size might be hard from them within that budget. If you can avoid shipping, that is your best option for savings, and, well, I have a horror story about shipping LOL...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back