Need Help: Finding a shop that can replace a pane of glass

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, long story short I had water in my tank for 2 weeks and a crack developed over night from what looks like the top rim down. I've contacted the LFS where I bought it from and they are refusing to give me a price on repair saying that it's all my fault and I should have had them set it up. Anyways I'm beyond working with them when they can't even give me a price on repair.

So I need a shop that I can take my tank to and get the front pane replaced. it's 36x24x0.5".

Anyone know of any places I can at least call and see if they can/will do it?

I'm in Redlands. but am willing to drive to another county to get it fixed.

61280708120__91A08505-7193-4097-99C2-DAFA3E553688.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bummer sorry to see ,1st do you have live stock safe,most places won't repair because of liability,poss sign waiver,did you ding it or just broke? warranty,or recommend new tank,stinks,hard to trust a reseal..jmo,check into @Joe Glass Cages ,great company,great prices?? best wishes

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bummer sorry to see ,1st do you have live stock safe,most places won't repair because of liability,poss sign waiver,did you ding it or just broke? warranty,or recommend new tank,stinks,hard to trust a reseal..jmo,check into @Joe Glass Cages ,great company,great prices?? best wishes
it was still cycling. nothing in it but rock, sand, water, and bacteria. :( my first big tank. at this point I'm out of the hobby as I can't afford to buy a new 90g tank right now. just looking for a repair. ie replace the panel of glass.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any luck yet?? not too call anyone out ,did the shop sub the tank out to builder,if so what company built it??/

OP
OP
TragicDog

TragicDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any luck yet?? not too call anyone out ,did the shop sub the tank out to builder,if so what company built it??/
no luck yet. all I know is the guy's name is Alex. He built all the tanks in LFS. so I've seen his work and it's very good. but he and the shop are not standing behind this work. thank you for no one asking what the shop's name is. I'm not ready yet to reveal it if I ever do.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sorry to here. Let me know if you wanna talk though some things. I know this is tough.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back