Need help! How to Motorized ball valve to Apex power.

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Im looking to control my ph via the co2 scrubber off the skimmer with a 3 way motorized ball valve. Got the bare wire to
0-10v port on the apex eb832. How do I actually wire this?? I have the diagram but still very unsure of what needs to be connected and how. CCD9867F-DEA7-4E92-A253-07B8E5F8A4A1.jpeg 75BBFC50-1CA4-4317-B5A8-8152FB2A1B1D.jpeg 3F146AEF-FE33-4F0A-A179-7F1A8701FABB.jpeg 13B2B203-37C4-4427-92C3-22FD13AF5657.jpeg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a similar valve on this thread here your valve is set up the same way.

Also you can purchase cables much cheaper from electronics suppliers for your future projects. I purchase double ended cables and cut them in half to make two cables on the cheap.
The connection is a standard Molex Micro-fit.
Here are a few purchasing options for you (Molex part number 245132-0210):
Digi-key.com cable

Newark.com cable

Mouser.com cable

Alliedelec.com cable
These are all 1 meter cables with male connectors on both ends. I cut them in half and make two cables out of each one.

You can also string them together to make longer cables with a coupling (Molex part number 245132-0299):
Digi-key.com coupling

Newark.com coupling

Mauser.com coupling

Alliedelec.com couplingherehere

Last edited:
OP
OP
WestMI-Reefer

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like red-red and black-black for the 24vdc. Yellow looks like it's a lamp circuit to indicate malfunction, and green is the 0-10v input from the apex to open/close the valve. White wire you shouldn't need it.
I thought i wouldn’t need the 0-10v? Can’t the control come from the 24vdc port on the eb? I purchased a vdm to control lights, so i do have a port but now I’m more confused because where does green connect? It looks essential by the diagram. I agree that white and yellow seem to be to be for light indicators. Would it be:
red (24vdc bare wire) to red (ball valve) with barrel connector
Black (24vdc bare waire) to Black (ball valve) with barrel

then what to do with white green and yellow?
Still very confused on how to connect this.

OP
OP
WestMI-Reefer

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a similar valve on this thread here your valve is set up the same way.

Also you can purchase cables much cheaper from electronics suppliers for your future projects. I purchase double ended cables and cut them in half to make two cables on the cheap.
The connection is a standard Molex Micro-fit.
Here are a few purchasing options for you (Molex part number 245132-0210):
Digi-key.com cable

Newark.com cable

Mouser.com cable

Alliedelec.com cable
These are all 1 meter cables with male connectors on both ends. I cut them in half and make two cables out of each one.

You can also string them together to make longer cables with a coupling (Molex part number 245132-0299):
Digi-key.com coupling

Newark.com coupling

Mauser.com coupling

Alliedelec.com coupling
Hey Sean, Im having trouble viewing the thread with a similar set up. I actually saw you post a out the molex connections but it was too late and i already had the cables coming, great to know for future though! Any advice on how to connect my particular ball valve?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the 24v does is supply power. You do need the 0-10v as it's the signal to open and close the valve.

I laid out the wiring already for you. The white wire isn't used as it's a pwm output. No reason to use it in this application. The green needs 0-10v signal from a controller (apex) to open/close the valve.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sean, Im having trouble viewing the thread with a similar set up. I actually saw you post a out the molex connections but it was too late and i already had the cables coming, great to know for future though! Any advice on how to connect my particular ball valve?
Sorry for the broken link I fixed it now.
Try try again

Red and black for power. On will be open between 2 ports and off will be open between 2 ports.

You can use yellow to indicate that power is applied to the valve. Green and white will not be used.

OP
OP
WestMI-Reefer

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. So the control will actually be coming from the 24vdc power on/off via apex because of the default positions of the ball valve. Genius! That negates the pesky green wire! (Looks like that could be used for a manual switch or to breakout box) ill pass on that, and the indicator light. Apex should have that covered.

Thank you for clearing this one up Sean! And this is why I appreciate this place so much!

I’ll run down to hardware store and get some connectors and let you know how it goes.

Try try again
Red and black for power. On will be open between 2 ports and off will be open between 2 ports.

You can use yellow to indicate that power is applied to the valve. Green and white will not be used.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back