Need Help identifying growth on Clove Polyp Frags

Nabs17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new to this hobby ~6 months and made my first coral purchase....3 clove polyp frags. They have this brown growth on them and it seems to be getting worse and now I’m noticing some brown spots on my rock and substrate. I did dip these in Coralrx before putting them in the tank but whatever this is seems to be getting worse. I’ve attached 2 picture of the 3 frags and I hope it’s clear enough to see. Thanks in advance for any help.

ECA96906-792E-455A-A8B8-63615DEA2163.jpeg AD71F6EE-5FD5-4A12-BA1A-CC0930EEC011.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a photo with white light and/or a color correction filter and, a little closer?

OP
OP
Nabs17

Nabs17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a photo with white light and/or a color correction filter and, a little closer?

Hey P-dub thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how I posted 2 of the same thread but my other one has more replies and I think I'll go with that one. I don't have any filters but I'll try to get a better picture and I'll post it in my other thread.

Moderators - you can delete this thread as I accidently create 2...sorry for any confusion

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back